Discuss Thought for the day in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

No idea. Stumped me.

I always presumed 'Playing God' was reserved for things such as genetic cloning and euthanasia etc. Not necessarily for something good.
(Though you can argue euthanasia can be good)

Very funny :D

You don't, you compare. Because they have the monopoly on it?

Even funnier :D:D

and on an unfunny theme Mr Bane, if you had cystic fibrosis or multiple sclerosis (for example) you would be wishing for the day that genetic cloning and other such 'playing god' processes found a cure (its a subject close to my heart)

i just find it curious how the religous (who are invariably hard of thinking) are always against the things that may save people, but dont say a ruddy peep when their imagined supernatural master tops another 50,000 people through a natural disaster

erm......did i go all serious and deep there:D:rolleyes:

No, you didn't Shakey. Fair point.

It's like the Jehovah's. A friend of mine is, in a word, fuc*ed.

His lungs are going, his heart is going, his kidneys are going and he needs a blood transfusion.

But he's a Jehovah's so, he can't/won't let the doctors help him.

Can't get my head round it, he has his family (no kids), a wife and his friends but it's as if he's just given up...

No, you didn't Shakey. Fair point.

It's like the Jehovah's. A friend of mine is, in a word, fuc*ed.

His lungs are going, his heart is going, his kidneys are going and he needs a blood transfusion.

But he's a Jehovah's so, he can't/won't let the doctors help him.

Can't get my head round it, he has his family (no kids), a wife and his friends but it's as if he's just given up...

Sad aint it matey:eek:

I am a firm believer that any parent who forces their poor child into a so called 'faith' school should answer charges of child abuse

your poor friend could lose his life over, essentially, old wives tales:mad:

What is a Ships Electrician?

Between the innocence of infancy and the recklessness of adultery comes that unique specimen of humanity known as a Ships Electrician.

They can be found in Bars, in Arguments, in Bed, in Debt, in Passenger Accommodation and Intoxication.

They are Tall, Short, Fat, Thin, Dark, Fair but never normal.

Girls love them, Towns tolerate them, Shipping Companies support them and Calabooses all over the world provide them with overnight shelter.

They dislike Ships Food, Chief Engineers, Writing Letters, Sailing on Saturdays, the Old Man's Inspection, Work and Dry Ships.

They like Receiving Mail, Pay off Day, Nude Pin Ups, Sympathy, Complaining and plenty of Beer.

A Ships Electrician secret ambition is to change places with the Owner for just one trip, to own a Brewery and to be loved by everyone in the World.

His interests are Women, Girls, Females and the Opposite Sex.

A Ships Electrician is Sir Galahad in a Japanese Brothel, a Psychoanalyst with Readers Digest on the table, Don Quixote with a Discharge Book, and the Saviour of Mankind with his back teeth awash, Valentino with a Fiver in his pocket and Democracy personified in a Red Chinese prison cell.

No one else can cram into his back pocket a photo of his Wife or Girlfriend, 3 Unanswered Letters, a Comb, crushed packet of smokes, a Train Ticket, what is left of his Payoff and the odd Cruzeiro, Escudo, Peseta, Dollar and Franc.

A Ships Electrician is a Provider in War and a Parasite in Peace. No one is subjected to so much Abuse, wrongly accused, so often misunderstood by so many.

He has the patience of Job, the honesty of a Fool and the heaven sent ability to laugh at himself. He has the Energy of a Tortoise, Brains of an Idiot, Yarns of an Old Seadog and the Slyness of a Fox.

When he returns home from a long voyage, no one else but a Ships Electrician can create such an atmosphere of suspense and longing as he walks through the door with those magic words on his lips:

"Hello Love, I'm Home!"

The next line to this prose that never failed to follow which is classic;

"Hello Darling ...... When are you going back?"

Reply to Thought for the day in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock