Discuss Tier 4 in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like London and chunks of the Douth East will be placed under stay at home lockdown rules to be announced this afternoon

Probably for the best. We need to get this thing nailed. There seems to be a worrying increase in the Piers Corbyn follower types trying to stir trouble though.

Remember, if you don't want to wear a mask that's up to you, but respect other people and wear one if you are in shops, etc. Luckily most people seem to be doing this.

I think the government write, it OK for some people shouting at the TV.
I can't see my family, you can on the phone face time or other.
or would you like too see them in a coffin.
At the cemetery gates.
We need to nail it down. So what comes first keep alive or dead.
So peaple on hear might think diffrant.

Agree Buzz. There's too many people who all of a sudden are experts on pandemics and the spreading of diseases. Despite not knowing anything about it before searching on Google.

Unfortunately until 75-85% of the wider population is vaccinated we will be stuck in this cycle of lockdown , relax , lockdown...

We’re in tier 4 here from midnight, and as rubbish as it is, if it saves lives it’s a good thing.

can’t say I’m not gutted though, as haven’t seen my dad in 12 months due to this virus and the distance between us. I’d rather see him when it’s safe to do so to be fair.

It won’t be forever; and I’ve got plenty of ale to plough through in the meantime ????

So I live in a tier 2 area and will be doing some work in a tier 3 area but I need to collect materials from a wholesaler in a tier 4 area...

OK then, how does that work???

I have had the same conundrum for a while @Strima but with tier 2 which I am in and tier 3 where my wholesalers are. I live right on the border between 2 county's and have a 3rd in tier 3 just up the road. Nearly all my work is in the two tier 3 counties what do I do?!
I don't want to be bringing it back to my tier 2 county or family!

The restrictions are there to slow the spread. Not to stop it completely.

if you have to travel between tiers for work, then it’s an essential journey.

my wholesalers, and my local supermarket are in a different country, never mind tier. But it’s essential for work and food shopping.

It’s a matter of risk management for the govt.
They can’t tell everyone not to work, there is essential work to be done, and economy would suffer more.
They can’t say you HAVE to wear a mask, when there’s people with genuine health reasons they can’t.
They can’t even say that you must take the vaccine.

We all have to sacrifice something, and it’s not going away any time soon for most of us.
What we don’t want is more people contracting the virus so quickly that the nhs cannot cope again, and that is what this new strain seems to do. 70% more transmittable, did I read?

YOU may feel healthy, and have no symptoms, but it doesn’t mean you’re not carrying it to pass onto someone else who may not be so lucky.

Do what you can. Wear a mask, or at least a face covering. Wash your hands, or sanitise between properties. Make space between you and other people if you are shopping.
A few simple practices that the majority of us should have no problems with could be making all the difference to the numbers.

Without any restrictions, the fatalities could have been way, way more.

Agree Buzz. There's too many people who all of a sudden are experts on pandemics and the spreading of diseases. Despite not knowing anything about it before searching on Google.
Very true, but we should really be expecting more from out politicians and journalists!

Very true, but we should really be expecting more from out politicians and journalists!

I feel sympathy for the politicians. They are in a situation the likes of which are incredibly rare. I'm reluctant to criticise them too much, as I certainly wouldn't know how to do their job. And whatever choices they make there are always people saying they should have done it the other way.

I agree... it's a difficult time for the government... whatever they do, they will get criticised. Then of course you have the opposition parties who use whatever chance they have to put the boot in... what makes me laugh is when they argue on both sides of the fence depending on what day of the week it is !

I think it was Andy Burnham who, at the same time, was arguing that a national lockdown was the right thing to do... but that a local lockdown for Manchester was totally wrong as it would destroy businesses. And he did all that with a straight face !

There are actually quite a few top doctors and scientists saying things to the effect that the risk from the virus has been grossly exaggerated. Heiko Shöning and Dolores Cahill are a couple of examples. Look up '12 experts questioning the coronavirus panic', '10 more experts questioning...' and '8 more experts...'. But instead of them the government choose to listen to crackpots with no knowledge like Bill Gates and Neil Fergusson.

Meanwhile others get rich off the scam - vaccine makes selling shares at inflated prices, PPE companies that just happen to be run by friends of cabinet ministers being awarded multi-million pound contracts that were never put to competitive tender and the big companies that will seize the market from all the small companies going bust (again).

Oh, and by the way, the masks people are being told to wear have not been made or tested to any British or international standard - so no-one knows their permeability to air or impermeability to viruses. Child-safety socket covers anyone?

I don't mean to get at anyone. But seriously, if lots of people don't re-asses this fast, this thing is not going away. We will not get our freedom back. We will be living under a Ch*n*se style autocracy with every move monitored and controlled for the rest of our lives.

There are actually quite a few top doctors and scientists saying things to the effect that the risk from the virus has been grossly exaggerated. Heiko Shöning and Dolores Cahill are a couple of examples. Look up '12 experts questioning the coronavirus panic', '10 more experts questioning...' and '8 more experts...'. But instead of them the government choose to listen to crackpots with no knowledge like Bill Gates and Neil Fergusson.

Meanwhile others get rich off the scam - vaccine makes selling shares at inflated prices, PPE companies that just happen to be run by friends of cabinet ministers being awarded multi-million pound contracts that were never put to competitive tender and the big companies that will seize the market from all the small companies going bust (again).

Oh, and by the way, the masks people are being told to wear have not been made or tested to any British or international standard - so no-one knows their permeability to air or impermeability to viruses. Child-safety socket covers anyone?

I don't mean to get at anyone. But seriously, if lots of people don't re-asses this fast, this thing is not going away. We will not get our freedom back. We will be living under a Ch*n*se style autocracy with every move monitored and controlled for the rest of our lives.

So you think this is all because the government want to control us? Despite it losing them millions on fuel revenue, taxes, furlough outgoings?

Do you also think the other countries are all in collusion with our government? And all countries have decided to do this at the same time? Presumably you think the reason Russia is banning UK flights is all part of the plan? You think Russia would do this if it didn't think there was a risk to its people?

And yes, obviously not all masks are equal.

I think there is little doubt our hospitals are full of Covid, ours certainly is and its why we are in T3. So the question really is , to question the above sentiment, so what do we do after the hospitals are full to capacity, ask Covid sufferers to stay at home and put a white tea towel on the front door ????

There are no real choices in this matter

Best is not to get it and not to pass it on, hence the gov advice on controlling the virus.

I am from the school of Milton Friedman and i dont really worry about loss of freedom in this context.

Oh and Chris Whitty our CMO is an expert in pandemics, we are lucky we have him. I listen to him intently as he has been right on many occasions predicting the future. When he speaks i can see Boris twitching but he still gets his message across

I would take a bet, you dont know anybody that has had the virus or died from it.

So you think this is all because the government want to control us? Despite it losing them millions on fuel revenue, taxes, furlough outgoings?

Do you also think the other countries are all in collusion with our government? And all countries have decided to do this at the same time? Presumably you think the reason Russia is banning UK flights is all part of the plan? You think Russia would do this if it didn't think there was a risk to its people?

And yes, obviously not all masks are equal.
There are two reasons government ministers, civil servants and the like might not care about depleting treasury finances. One is, they can and are simply printing more money, which is exactly the same as raiding people's savings accounts as it devalues the currency. The other is, treasury finances are not the same as individual ministers/civil servants personal finances, so of course some may be willing to sacrifice the former to enrich themselves.

Governments are taking their cue form the likes of the UN, WHO, Gates Foundation, World Economic Forum etc., which by their nature do not operate within national boundaries. Some governments have not followed the narrative. Sweden took a different approach and had a no-worse outcome from the virus and a much better outcome economically. The late president of Tanzania had a goat and a fruit (if memory serves me correctly) tested for coronavirus and they both came back positive.

I'm not here to argue with anyone, just to point out that not all experts agree with the mainstream narrative. Government choose among their experts Bill Gates (not a doctor or scientist) and Neil Fergusson, who's mathematical model has been torn to shreds by his peers.

I think there is little doubt our hospitals are full of Covid, ours certainly is and its why we are in T3. So the question really is , to question the above sentiment, so what do we do after the hospitals are full to capacity, ask Covid sufferers to stay at home and put a white tea towel on the front door ????

There are no real choices in this matter

Best is not to get it and not to pass it on, hence the gov advice on controlling the virus.

I am from the school of Milton Friedman and i dont really worry about loss of freedom in this context.

Oh and Chris Whitty our CMO is an expert in pandemics, we are lucky we have him. I listen to him intently as he has been right on many occasions predicting the future. When he speaks i can see Boris twitching but he still gets his message across
Yet some people have filmed inside hospitals and they are empty. I know someone who worked in a hospital (in a non-medical capacity) and said it became empty after the 'pandemic' started.

There are choices. No-one has the right to tell others how to look after their own health. Give me a document to sign that I will never accept treatment from the NHS and I can have my freedom back and I will sign in right away.

I'm not familiar with the work of Milton Friedman so can't comment on this. As for experts in pandemics, there was one (I think it was the Swine flue) that was ultimately outed as a scam even by the mainstream media.

Reply to Tier 4 in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock