Discuss Tonights call out... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Correct Eng,unless Fred Dibnah did a self-build in his youth. Parents house built 1964,cpcs in place but originally not connected to first set of wooden wall lights...electric underfloor heating,baxi under draught coal fire...sweet

I found it fascinating and a little bit sad when I found and had to get rid of the historical electrics from my house during renovations. Plenty of wooden back boxes, round three-pin sockets on skirting boards, very old cabling etc. Kept a few examples. There were also the pipes for gas lighting. Toilet in cellar, about 15 layers of wallpaper (a good social record of how styles have changed!) in every room etc. Was a real doer-upperer. Sorry, I'll shut up now.

well i charge £35 callout (if local)...the first hour is free...

then its £25 per hour after that....

this way i guarentee that I get £35 regardless of whether its an hour...half hour....20 mins etc...

I found it fascinating and a little bit sad when I found and had to get rid of the historical electrics from my house during renovations. Plenty of wooden back boxes, round three-pin sockets on skirting boards, very old cabling etc. Kept a few examples. There were also the pipes for gas lighting. Toilet in cellar, about 15 layers of wallpaper (a good social record of how styles have changed!) in every room etc. Was a real doer-upperer. Sorry, I'll shut up now.
exactly...

and this is a method english heritage use to identify what the original finish was to a property...

they did it at the red house...

Actually thinking about it, yes possibly a C2, I suppose if the fusebox had a wooden back you would give it a C2.

he bloke said 1964, I have to admit, having seen quite a few house of that era and a bit older none of them have ever had wooden back boxes.

Actually thinking about it, yes possibly a C2, I suppose if the fusebox had a wooden back you would give it a C2.

he bloke said 1964, I have to admit, having seen quite a few house of that era and a bit older none of them have ever had wooden back boxes.

Are you talking about the old Wylex 3036 CU's?? If so, what makes you think they warrant a C2??

Reply to Tonights call out... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net