Discuss Tonight's callout in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Callout to a house split into 2 flats with loss of power to 1st floor flat. Fault was virgin installer drilled through ring downstairs and popped fuse. Their facilities management called out a spark from 2 hrs away who attended and made safe the damage and replaced fuse wire in basement db feeding sockets. Prior to that installer monkey was prodding the old Wylex 3036 board in ground floor hallway and switched off main switch killing power to 1st floor. This wasn't seen as no one was in upstairs til late. I attended site to find this.
6a33a1926a874af3d9afaf8916879929.jpg

Next to switched off Wylex. Can't be live I thought but yes all working fused lives and neutrals on lighting circuit with a floating earth to slip Conduits below.
Was twitching a bit as didn't fancy touching that live then noticed Wylex main switch off lol
What age would that be im thinking 20's ish ? Did mention that this is the only place I've ever seen one haha

Did recommend a full test poss Rewire and picked up a restraunt fit out that the house owner is planning new year.

Callout to a house split into 2 flats with loss of power to 1st floor flat. Fault was virgin installer drilled through ring downstairs and popped fuse. Their facilities management called out a spark from 2 hrs away who attended and made safe the damage and replaced fuse wire in basement db feeding sockets. Prior to that installer monkey was prodding the old Wylex 3036 board in ground floor hallway and switched off main switch killing power to 1st floor. This wasn't seen as no one was in upstairs til late. I attended site to find this.
6a33a1926a874af3d9afaf8916879929.jpg

Next to switched off Wylex. Can't be live I thought but yes all working fused lives and neutrals on lighting circuit with a floating earth to slip Conduits below.
Was twitching a bit as didn't fancy touching that live then noticed Wylex main switch off lol
What age would that be im thinking 20's ish ? Did mention that this is the only place I've ever seen one haha

Did recommend a full test poss Rewire and picked up a restraunt fit out that the house owner is planning new year.

Never seen one of those units before that I recall. Is that two rows of four fuses? It is probably in belting nick still. Built to last unlike half the carp made nowadays.

Hi,

If you get the re-wire Lucien would probably take that board off you for his collection.I've never come across one of those before either, very interesting.

Regards.

Hi,

If you get the re-wire Lucien would probably take that board off you for his collection.I've never come across one of those before either, very interesting.

Regards.

If I get it I'll sub it out as looks a nightmare the woman pulled out 8k but didn't have the heart to tell her around 12 lol. Will save that tho, one old guy in the wholesalers was almost salivating over that apparently it's a tucker 4 way dp unit but glass front is missing

Has it got glass front?, early 1900's exposed fuse bridge, then encased was the next type unit still fused neutrals, which stopped around 1950's.

Been this morning to quote an upgrade to a local church who have a three way fuse board of this type in service which has original glass cover/door and looks in good condition. If I get the job who wants this in one piece ?

Been this morning to quote an upgrade to a local church who have a three way fuse board of this type in service which has original glass cover/door and looks in good condition. If I get the job who wants this in one piece ?
PM Lucien, he will be interested, you must be an time lord working in the early 1900's then back to here and now. lol

Reply to Tonight's callout in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net