i have a battery charger which has stopped working
after checking the transformer, it seems like its us
what size transformer do i need
12v battery 3.5amp charger
i think i need a 14v out put
power supply is 240v
the ones i have seen on ebay, all seem to be 220v 40w
thanks

what is the charger charging, car battery? if so first check the secondary output of the TX. should be around 15 -18V A.C.

hi
i have a battery charger which has stopped working
after checking the transformer, it seems like its us
what size transformer do i need
12v battery 3.5amp charger
i think i need a 14v out put
power supply is 240v
the ones i have seen on ebay, all seem to be 220v 40w
thanks
there is no output, its dead
i havent been able to find a transformer that gives out more than 12v, it jumps to 24v

there is no output, its dead
i havent been able to find a transformer that gives out more than 12v, it jumps to 24v
if you get a 240/12V tranny, you will find the output is >12V on no load. it's the D.C. output after rectification that matters. I have a spare one in stores, came out of an alarm panel. yours for postage cost if you want.

Reply to transformer in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, DIY’er here. I need a replacement transformer but can’t find the exact model required anywhere. It is Golden Power GP-SW120DC0700(UK)...
Replies
Views
I have halogen lights in my kitchen under the wall units, there are ten lights altogether bulbs are either 10 watt or 20 watt G4 bulbs ( not sure...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I have a 2 year old car battery (AGM 760 CCA) in a 2022 Hyundai that constantly "seems" to lose its charge. I'll check the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I would like to use LED chips for DIY projects, to power them I would start from 12V drivers for LED strips. For some chips it is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I need help installing a Lorex smart doorbell. I have tried to install a doorbell transformer several times to no avail. The first...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock