Discuss Turkish Delight in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Just turned up to a regular customers house to replace a pendant with a fancy chandelier. A quick job, so I thought, on the way home. However, 3 translucent single stranded wires, feeding 3 E27 brass lampholders, no earth, etc etc. Purchased from Turkey, wired to "full international stantards" Promised to go back next week to rewire ........ Just feel a bit sorry for all the diyers attempting to wire these up. Shocking.

Attachments

• Turkish Delight IMAG0914 - EletriciansForums.net
    IMAG0914.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 166
I would say that each cable needs proving individually, but then again I am a little concise like that. I find that guessing can cause no end of problems.

30 seconds with a multi meter would soon sort that out, very simple and straight forward, why go back next week? sort it out now lol

In fact one single cable fed the centrepoint of 2 E27 holders, AND the thread part of the third E27 holders. Another single fed the threaded part of the first 2 holders, and the remaining single fed the centrepin of the third lampholders, so even if I commoned two of the singles to provide live, and the remaining single to provide neutral, so all lampholders would be supplied LN, at least one of the lampholders would have a live threaded part, which I wouldn't have been willing to connect, and with absence of cpc and grommets, & double insulation there's no way I'd connect it up. It just bothers me that people can buy internationally from a well known auction site, and end up quite innocently with something really very dangerous ...... Still leaves me with rewiring it tho, as they are valued customers and I don't want to walk away.

I would say that each cable needs proving individually, but then again I am a little concise like that. I find that guessing can cause no end of problems.

I had heard you are a little "c" and wondered what it meant .............:grinningelf:

30 seconds with a multi meter would soon sort that out, very simple and straight forward, why go back next week? sort it out now lol

I'm with MDJ here!! And, .... if you do need to rewire the lampholders into that bottom section of the fitting (used as a JB) it shouldn't take you no more than an hour...

Reply to Turkish Delight in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock