• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss V Phase in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megavolt

Electrician's Arms
Hi all

Has anyone fitted a V Phase and if so what do you think of them. Also what are your thoughts on this type of product with regards energy saving

John

Professional Grade LED Lighting Strips

Flyingsparks

Regular EF Member
I think that they are overpriced, an absolute waste of money and will not recommend to my customers.

It will take you years to get your money back.

You kettle will take longer to boil, lights will be dimmer, heaters slower to warm up and you may save a very small amount on your electricity bills (if you are lucky).

T

The Ranger

gimmick POS

and how do you comply with volt drop from the origin to end of circuit?

Des 56

Forum Mentor
I think the publicity seeking V phase threads, that are probably being instigated by that company or its representatives to often for my liking, ought to be blocked

As Mark has pointed out.they have been done to death

Megavolt

Electrician's Arms
I think the publicity seeking V phase threads, that are probably being instigated by that company or its representatives to often for my liking, ought to be blocked

As Mark has pointed out.they have been done to death
Well sorry for asking I genuine question on a open forum. I have no link to the company at all. Was just thinking of trialling one at home before recommending them to my customers and wanted some independent input about them before I did to see if they where ok.

RWJ

8,400+ day wonder
Electrician's Arms
I know if the rep turns up at your office and shows you a 3 minute power point presentation they then add you to their website as "Approved Installers" lololol

No exam and they didn't even book an appointment they were just in the area!!

Last edited:

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
Well sorry for asking I genuine question on a open forum. I have no link to the company at all. Was just thinking of trialling one at home before recommending them to my customers and wanted some independent input about them before I did to see if they where ok.
as Des says, loads of discussion about these units on older threads. general consensus of opinion of these units is summed up in a word.... CRAP.

P

poppypiesdad

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jumps off forum................... splat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance