Discuss Wagobox in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

Chris sparky

Evening chap.

I have a job coming up soon and part of It involves moving the consumer unit.
Im thinking of using the Wagobox topjob line of din rail terminals and enclosure. Neatness and easy of installation are the key factors here obviously.

Has anybody on here used them before and were they any good?
Prices see good but maybe some of you know of a Better alternative?

Apologies for any typo's im using new touch screen tablet and my fingers are like tennis racket handles lol.

Cheers

Im not sure about your exact needs but you could just use and adaptable box and either through crimps, wago's or connector blocks. All would fit in an adaptable box and I'm guessing would be cheaper??

Jay

Im not sure about your exact needs but you could just use and adaptable box and either through crimps, wago's or connector blocks. All would fit in an adaptable box and I'm guessing would be cheaper??

Jay

Don't do this.

An adaptable box, din rail and legrand connectors would be better than connecter

The Wago box and din rails would make a nice neat job, just be sure the customer is aware there will still be a big box where that previous big box used to be.
I haven't used the wago ones but I have heard they are easy to use., however it is amazing how fast the cost jumps once you realise how many terminals you will need.

Explain why?? I understand the connector block but why not the Wago or through crimps???? Both will achieve the same outcome at a cheaper price.

Because a big wodge of crimps isn't as nice to work with as a neat row of labelled terminals with the cables fanned out into them. Sometimes it's not all about price!

Explain why?? I understand the connector block but why not the Wago or through crimps????
Both will achieve the same outcome at a cheaper price.

Simple you should not crimp solid conductors. It reduces the CSA, leaves the conductor weak where it enters the crimp and the crimp will not give an adequate connection. Crimps on stranded only.

din rail and connectors in an adaptable box for me. a rat's nest of crimps or loose wagos rattling round in a box is a no go.

din rail and connectors in an adaptable box for me. a rat's nest of crimps or loose wagos rattling round in a box is a no go.

Dont get me wrong tel, if the customer is willing to pay for it doing this way then of course its the best way. But people dont want to pay loads for something thats going to be hidden away in a box anyway. Neatness doesnt enter their brains. Just the cost!lol

Wagobox GEDC0282 - EletriciansForums.net

Absolute rubbish man!!!

Care to back that up with some facts ??

i have come across a lot of loose/ burnt connections when solid conductors have been crimped especially with cheap crimps and even cheaper crimping pliers.
Try a wiggle and pull test next time you crimp solid. I can bet you will either loosen the connection or it will snap with little movement. Now try it with stranded. You will find it is different again. There is a good reason the MOD would not allow crimps on solid but would on stranded.
The above is referenced to standard cables used in domestic situations not large LV and HV conductors that still are crimped.
Only my opinion you do what you like. It will provide remedial works for someone else to repair. Do it in my house you would be ripping it out and starting again.

Care to back that up with some facts ??

i have come across a lot of loose/ burnt connections when solid conductors have been crimped especially with cheap crimps and even cheaper crimping pliers.
Try a wiggle and pull test next time you crimp solid. I can bet you will either loosen the connection or it will snap with little movement. Now try it with stranded. You will find it is different again. There is a good reason the MOD would not allow crimps on solid but would on stranded.
The above is referenced to standard cables used in domestic situations not large LV and HV conductors that still are crimped.
Only my opinion you do what you like. It will provide remedial works for someone else to repair. Do it in my house you would be ripping it out and starting again.

Not a chance mate!! I do it right first time, every time. And I always use proper crimping tool and I double crimp and test.If the crimp comes loose after a tug, It comes straight off and I start again. If its done properly, it is a maintenance free joint!

Jay

P.s. I also use decent crimps.....not the cheap crap from ebay!!lol

Not a chance mate!! I do it right first time, every time. And I always use proper crimping tool and I double crimp and test.If the crimp comes loose after a tug, It comes straight off and I start again. If its done properly, it is a maintenance free joint!

Jay

P.s. I also use decent crimps.....not the cheap crap from ebay!!lol

Reliable joint then ? See post #8

Reliable joint then ? See post #8

If done properly yes!!!! But there is always a chance of human error like with any joint making. There are loads of threads on this subject and half say there ok and half say not, like with many things, we always assume our way is best.lol

But there is nothing to say not to use them on solid cores!

Label the wires, put in wago cage clamp connectors into an adaptable box. Din rail looks great but hopefully there will be no need to open the box again and save a bit of money. It can still be done neatly without a din rail IMO.

Thanks for all the replies and opinions lads. Going to go for the wagobox as i'd worked it into price anyways. Will be a tidy job and enclosure will be in cupboard so customer ok with that.

Cheers

Hi I'm electrician anyone in hit need to do any job or I looking for work I have 13 years Electrec experience And I'm very good in TV CCTV audio system installed if someone interest pleas contact me

Reply to Wagobox in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock