Discuss Wander lead advice..... in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

MacSparky

Just wondering if any one would know the type and size of cable used for wander leads:confused:, i need to get one of these wander leads and have a spare reel/dispenser that would do the trick nicely and would hold probably about 50-100 meters.....not being cheap but if i can get the right cable at a reasonable price it might be a better option than paying £50+ for a readymade one.....plus i like to tinker so would be a little project;)

do you mean a wander lead for doing R2 and main bonding tests?

I would just use small multistrand single cable

size is irrelevant because you are going to null it out anyway

Yes shakey thats exactly what i need it for and was looking along the lines of multistrand for the simple reason that it will be wound and unwound many times, as far as the size goes i am trying to keep costs down.
Thanks Paul for the size i will have a look round and see if it works out worthwhile with the pricing on around the 4mm size cable.......thanks guys for your responses;)

Reply to Wander lead advice..... in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Guys, just looking for a bit of advise. I am booked up to go on 2391-52 soon, and was looking at using my own tester, Megger1552. It is all...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I’m at one of the funny times in my career where I can’t decide on what I want to do. I’m wondering if one of you experiences folks can...
Replies
Views
Hi All New to this forum, have read the posts on here from google but only recently signed up. I'm having some issues and some input would be...
Replies
Views
Some advise or views would be appreciated. My supply is 100 amp single phase. I purchased my property 3 years ago or so, the owner prior to the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Electrical2Go - Save Time Installing Cables with Super Rod At Electrical2Go, we're constantly striving to bring you the latest and most...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock