Discuss Wet room Isolator in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

wattsup

Wired an extension a month ago..anyhow go back to second fix yesterday, ...in the meantime part of the bathroom has been redesigned in my absense, now part wet room. Problem is the fan isolator I wired is now in the wet room area, away from direct jets but still within the area. All now expensively tiled, tiler has made a good job and cut nicely round the switch box...****!
Is there an ip rated isolator on the market that would look ok?

Wired an extension a month ago..anyhow go back to second fix yesterday, ...in the meantime part of the bathroom has been redesigned in my absense, now part wet room. Problem is the fan isolator I wired is now in the wet room area, away from direct jets but still within the area. All now expensively tiled, tiler has made a good job and cut nicely round the switch box...****!
Is there an ip rated isolator on the market that would look ok?

Oh dear, thats a bit of a bumer, can't say ive come across one, have you got access to the circuit else where? could you change it to 12v

Fan isolator for bathroom should always be installed outside bathroom !!!!

Why is that then??

Particularly when we are now allowed to install a 13A socket outlet in our bathrooms, providing they are big enough to get it outside the zone.

change it for a selv fan and isolate the 12v supply with your origonal isolator and put another in before the trans. bit of an arse but its there fault for not informing you of changes

bit of an arse but its there fault for not informing you of changes

Maybe, but unfortunately its his name on the cert.

If there was going to be a switch there anyway, is there no way you can put a plate on existing box, relocate the switch on opposite side of wall outside the door?

Thanks guys, the customer knows its his fault, but I was trying to sort as a good will gesture. I have access above. So chop and move outside zone, the customer will have to live with plastic blanking plate for now, knowing him though he'll get the tiler back to patch up

Reply to Wet room Isolator in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net