Search the forum,

Discuss What are your reasons? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jaypp

Just wondered what other members reasons for joining this forum were and whether that's why you're still here or, does it have a different appeal now?

Last edited by a moderator:
I stumbled across it by chance. Made friends (virtually) with a few people who, despite the fact that I've not met them, have earned my respect. Made a few friends in real life that I can say the same about.

I joined to gain some knowledge about working for myself and to gain a more in depth knowledge of my job. Every day is still a school day and I stick around for a few reasons.
Hopefully to give a bit back in the way of helpful info where I can, to keep up with the latest goings on in the inustry, the banter, and the "Friday" type threads. It also gives a very insightful cross section of the industry with new members joining all the time ;)

I joined for something to keep me occupied I.m glad I did because I enjoy the banter despite getting banned

To improve my spelling, obviously....:)
Ever so slightly more seriously, I see some spelling gaffes here but nothing compared to the howlers I've seen elsewhere.

As a rule, I don't comment on them, here or elsewhere, unless they are amusing. Inadvertently or otherwise. If I did so, I'd be fair game for reciprocal action. If a post gets a point across the accuracy of the spelling really doesn't matter.

Even slightly more seriously, I'm here for two or three reasons.
The topic interests me.
I learn.
And I hope to contribute.

Found site by accident on search.....but joined up and enjoy the crack.....useful for advice and help...and met up with some good members

Found the site by accident
love the banter with the Lads
1 day I want to be a Super mod:grin:

you get what you put in.......play the game and be professional, and a discussion may not always result in agro...but a well discussed debate, were we all learn.

you get what you put in.......play the game and be professional, and a discussion may not always result in agro...but a well discussed debate, were we all learn.

Always guaranteed when I'm around Sir!, the last part I mean, not the Aggro bit:grin:

Found the site by chance one day when looking for some information on the web.

Learnt the hard way that half baked, ill though out threads get you in heaps of trouble!

As I work on my own about 75% of the time, its my way of having a bit of fun "at work".

A useful place to learn things and contribute to those who want to learn!

Same as many others: stumbled across whilst surfing for some gen on something, so stopped to ask the question instead and been here ever since!

I joined as I like a sensible discussion and a bit of a laugh too,I've made some good friends on here,some I'vemet in person and some just on line.I think we can help each other as it can be a vast pool of knowledge and that's a good thing.

Reply to What are your reasons? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock