Discuss What can I expect in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

dandb

Hi everyone

This website is proving very useful. I just wanted to chew everyones ear and ask what can I expect once I finish my course.

I have done a search and read 'most' of the threads but everyone has differing answers.

I am currently studying Level 2 & 3 C&G 2330, then NVQ level 3. 2391, Part P, 17th Edition.

The thing is, I obviously need some job experience, but what entry level would I start at in the electro industry. I was thinking of jacking in my job now and gaining experience as a sparkies mate, but cant go on apprentice money. (mortgage etc)

Whats everyones experiences on these courses and employments afterwards. I have called a couple of local companies who wanted me to send my cv in stating experience??!!!

Thanks in advance

Dan

:)

dan
what actual experience do you have ?if your'e starting from scratch then so will any pay

Hi Wayne mate

Non, I have no work experience. But would like to work as a sparkies mate, an extra pair of hands making trunking, conduit, lighting or ring as experience.

What is an apprentice wage or the 'entry level' these days?

Thanks

Dan

I've already got 2330 lvl 2,16th edition and NVQ lvl 2 I was told that the part P was an alternative route for non-electricians and when you have level 3 on 2330 and 2365 (NVQ) you could claim part p complience. In theory if I got my 17th and got approved I could work as a "domestic installer", with only lvl 2 on 2330. To become an "electricain" I would need 2330 lvl 3, 2365 lvl 3 2391 and 2382 I was advised to start work as domestical installer whilst lvl 2 then do a year of 2330 lvl 3, 2365 lvl 3 and get 17th edition and cut down instection and testing before finishing with full I&T to become an electricain

I've already got 2330 lvl 2,16th edition and NVQ lvl 2 I was told that the part P was an alternative route for non-electricians and when you have level 3 on 2330 and 2365 (NVQ) you could claim part p complience. In theory if I got my 17th and got approved I could work as a "domestic installer", with only lvl 2 on 2330. To become an "electricain" I would need 2330 lvl 3, 2365 lvl 3 2391 and 2382 I was advised to start work as domestical installer whilst lvl 2 then do a year of 2330 lvl 3, 2365 lvl 3 and get 17th edition and cut down instection and testing before finishing with full I&T to become an electricain

Hi Moog

That makes a bit more sense to be honest. I have done my level 2 2330 papers and sit my practicle exam end of this month.

So when I have completed 2330 level 2 and 17th Ed, I could start as a domestic installer when approved.

Then whilst working I could finish studying the 2330 Level 3 and NVQ level 3, Part P and 2391?

Is that right? Also what do you mean approved. Do you mean your ECS card?

Thanks

Dan

No experience.

£8 an hour. Labourer but basically do same job (more in some cases) as an improver/mate.

Starting college in Sept.

Hi Moog

That makes a bit more sense to be honest. I have done my level 2 2330 papers and sit my practicle exam end of this month.

So when I have completed 2330 level 2 and 17th Ed, I could start as a domestic installer when approved.

Then whilst working I could finish studying the 2330 Level 3 and NVQ level 3, Part P and 2391?

Is that right? Also what do you mean approved. Do you mean your ECS card?

Thanks

Dan

Approved as in niceic for instance try googling "approved electrician", you have to be approved to be able to certify work. This doesnt stop you doing the job if someone else signs it off or it doesnt require certification. Things like basic appliance swap outs dont normally require certication so you can do them

Approved as in niceic for instance try googling "approved electrician", you have to be approved to be able to certify work. This doesnt stop you doing the job if someone else signs it off or it doesnt require certification. Things like basic appliance swap outs dont normally require certication so you can do them

Thanks Wayne, will do mate :)

No experience.

£8 an hour. Labourer but basically do same job (more in some cases) as an improver/mate.

Starting college in Sept.

Where/what job is that with. When I spoke to R Thompson electrics in Warrington they are laying people off!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Wayne.

I'm in Yorkshire dandb. They have laid a lot of guys off recently too. I'm in commercial/industrial side of things.

Reply to What can I expect in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock