Discuss What course next? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

BigSim

-
Reaction score
I'm a JIB approved electrician with the C&2391, 17ed (AMD3 update), SSSTS, and been doing this job for as long as I can remember! Thinking about furthing my education by taking an electrical course, but not sure which one? The 2391 is equivalent to an NVQ3, so I'm guessing an NVQ4 equivalent. Was thinking about the C&Q 2396?

Any suggestions (electrically based please!)? :cheesy:

Depends what you want to do really. I think once you've got all the 'core' qualifications it ceases to be a linear process - there's no 'logical' next step.
I suppose you could do a course in alarms, or the 2396, or an HNC.

So the 2396 would be a good step. Anybody with any reviews on the course? Just don't want to be crawling through loft spaces into the golden years!!

So the 2396 would be a good step. Anybody with any reviews on the course? Just don't want to be crawling through loft spaces into the golden years!!
if your crawling through loft spaces it might be worth looking into maintenance. plc's and automation seems like a good field to get into

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Depends what you want to do really. I think once you've got all the 'core' qualifications it ceases to be a linear process - there's no 'logical' next step.
I suppose you could do a course in alarms, or the 2396, or an HNC.

Sorry to hyjack thread,

What alarm course would be recommended, is there an industry standard course?

Don't know what type of work you prefer, I only do industrial work and I wouldn't be without my Compex 01-04.

Did look at that course a few years ago. One of the companies I work for changed lamps on the fuel pumps, so we did a watered down version of it (probably expired by now). Do mostly Commercial, government, schools, agriculture, etc (not much domestic).

Reply to What course next? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net