Discuss Which tool case? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

I use a roll along Peli case, extendable handle like a flight case, just been to Paris with it on a job and went via Eurostar and metro performed great and it's totally waterproof and can be put straight into hold luggage if need be.
I don't think a wheel along tool case will work, I do a lot of walking off-road to remote pump installations etc.

I use this one and have found it very good.....View attachment 23628
I don't think a 'tote' type bag will work either, my laptop and testers will be bouncing around with my handtools.

What about a case on wheels? Had mine for 7 years and it's still going strong.

GT Line New Mega Wheels PEL Technicians Tool Case from Tool Venture
WOW £239.95!!!! If I win the lottery it might be an option. Until then unfortunately not I'm afraid.

go for the magma. it's similar in storage to what you already have but a bit better build.

The best tool case I have had was one from RS, gas struts and a great bottom tray etc. Decided to invest in a GT Line Atomik wheels 215 PSS due to the wheels and larger storage... It ended up carrying less due to poor storage design. Build quality was crap in comparison and went through 2 in 12 months! Just bought the CK Magma plus bag due to less installation, more commissioning work but it actually carries more and in a more organised way! Will have to see how it copes with day to day use now!

I bought a fatmax tote a couple of months ago and for the money I'm impressed.
Ok, it's not going to last me a lifetime, but for £30 I'd happily buy a new one every couple of years.
im sure it wouldn't stand too much site work full of drill bits, lump hammers and bolsters... But I only want it for my basic hand tools carrying in and out of customers houses..

with the magma. it's great if you use the centre compartment for lappy and paperwork, bit if you load it up with hand tools, you end up emptying it out to find what you want.

with the magma. it's great if you use the centre compartment for lappy and paperwork, bit if you load it up with hand tools, you end up emptying it out to find what you want.

I tend to use the centre compartment for multicompartment boxes of cable markers, ferrules etc., helps stop the lids getting broken. I hate having to dig out thousands of loose cable markers and sort into a new box! :D

I tend to use the centre compartment for multicompartment boxes of cable markers, ferrules etc., helps stop the lids getting broken. I hate having to dig out thousands of loose cable markers and sort into a new box! :D

Funny you should mention this as I was going to ask on the forum but I too use the magma bag as a service engineer its ideal and I am looking for a multi compartment box to go in the centre compartment to hold connectors, fuses, resistors etc.. What do you use or recommend?

Thanks

I have a large but quite thin compartmentalized component storage case called a 'Big Jim' and my laptop in the middle compartment of my CK toolcase. You need to find one that's made from the 'tupperware' type plastic which is quite pliable, the harder ABS or PVC component boxes are brittle and don't last long.

Funny you should mention this as I was going to ask on the forum but I too use the magma bag as a service engineer its ideal and I am looking for a multi compartment box to go in the centre compartment to hold connectors, fuses, resistors etc.. What do you use or recommend?

Thanks

These boxes from Raaco are really good, but a very silly price. I bought a load some years ago when RS were selling some sort of special offer version in yellow (but still made by Raaco) for about £10. Very robust; body is polypropylene, and the clear lid is polycarbonate.

productsdetails u rumind Carry

Compartment Case Raaco | Rapid Online

Buy Compartment Boxes 55mm deep carry-lite case w/25 inserts Raaco 136297 online from RS for next day delivery.

Thanks for the reply, the raaco ones do look good, I used to have a fuse kit from rs in a green box looks similar, my last box I think was from local DIY store one big two small boxes but its about had it now falling apart

These boxes from Raaco are really good, but a very silly price. I bought a load some years ago when RS were selling some sort of special offer version in yellow (but still made by Raaco) for about £10. Very robust; body is polypropylene, and the clear lid is polycarbonate.

productsdetails u rumind Carry

Compartment Case Raaco | Rapid Online

Buy Compartment Boxes 55mm deep carry-lite case w/25 inserts Raaco 136297 online from RS for next day delivery.

Ive used several Raaco carry-lites for about 4 years, all the trays are customisable dependent on what's parts you carry etc. Best ones I've used and still in great condition after being used on site 5-6 days a week. Would definitely recommend!

Magma (red/black/grey) replaced the blue CK. But get the one with rubberised hard base and don't overfill it with stuff you never use & its pretty robust.

Not a bad price either but shop around!!

Well thanks for all the great advice, I've learned a lot about tool bags and cases and totes since starting this thread.

Given the options and the prices I'm probably going to go for the CK case again with the rubberised base which is the one I originally thought was no longer available but it appears that it's just changed colour and been renamed. With the CK Magme I can afford to buy 2 or 3 of them which will last me probably 8 or 9 years for the same price of one of the more expensive Veto bags. My old Navy Blue CK tool case has worked well for me so if the Magma is the same then I have no problem sticking with what I'm familiar with.

the magma is a better build quality than the blue version. zips and stitching of zips is better.

Well thanks for all the great advice, I've learned a lot about tool bags and cases and totes since starting this thread.

Given the options and the prices I'm probably going to go for the CK case again with the rubberised base which is the one I originally thought was no longer available but it appears that it's just changed colour and been renamed. With the CK Magme I can afford to buy 2 or 3 of them which will last me probably 8 or 9 years for the same price of one of the more expensive Veto bags. My old Navy Blue CK tool case has worked well for me so if the Magma is the same then I have no problem sticking with what I'm familiar with.

Commonsense wins, over those with more money than sense!! lol!!

Reply to Which tool case? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net