Discuss Who will you vote for? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

General Election 2015 poll

• Conservative

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 37 51.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • SNP

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • other

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Not voting this time

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
I must admit I have not read all comments but I do like Nigel Farage , a politician that speaks the truth no matter how non pc it is and also unashamedly patriotic, no wonder the two main parties are doing their best to discredit him and UKIP.

To quote George Orwell

" In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."

As I said earlier I thought Nicola Sturgeon from the SNP and the girl from the valleys representing Plaid Cymru made some good points, and I think it would only have been fair if the Ulster Nationalists had also been represented.

I don't know what that double-bagger from the Greens had been huffing on but she certainly didn't win my vote.

The problem with the ulster mps is that the debate would have been to big and unweildly. The DUP have 8 seats, Sinn Féin have 5, the SDLP 3 and the alliance party 1. Considering the greens only have 1 seat and were there you would of had to have let all 4 attend. Coincidentally the only "British" party to stand in ulster is UKIP.

So that raises a pretty big question for me. Why invite Farage to take part in the debate and not any of the leaders of those parties?
Yes they represent a fairly narrow viewpoint but they have a much bigger presence in Westminster.

So that raises a pretty big question for me. Why invite Farage to take part in the debate and not any of the leaders of those parties?
Yes they represent a fairly narrow viewpoint but they have a much bigger presence in Westminster.

Why invite the Greens? They've only got 1 MP

On reflection I think it was good for democuracy - as to why the guys from NI were excluded - anyones guess!

I say Bring back Tony Blair!!!

Really,... The same Tony Blair that let hundreds of IRA Terrorists walk free from prison, destroyed the economy, opened immigration floodgates and went to war with Iraq over weapons of mass destruction that didn`t exist ...

First choice would be Nigel Farage or 2nd stick with Cameron.. Nobody else even comes close

Destroyed the economy? How please?
As far as the Iraq thing goes it's probably worth pointing out that the military action was approved by Parliament. MPs from ALL parties voted in favour of it.

Destroyed the economy? How please?

No more boom and bust.... He was the master of boom and bust. Debt rose by 80% under Tony Blair/ New labour

As far as the Iraq thing goes it's probably worth pointing out that the military action was approved by Parliament. MPs from ALL parties voted in favour of it.

Yeah, well thats a valid point.. but was it because Blair and Bush that deceived them into believing they had weapons of mass destruction too? Ultimately its Tony Blair who may face a war crimes charge.

Blair will never face a charge of being a war criminal. The military action taken in Iraq, as I've said earlier, was approved by a democratically elected Parliament. A fact which is often glossed over by the right, just like the global economic downturn was recently described by David Cameron as "Labour's recession" If it weren't for the action taken by Brown and Darling the downturn would have been a hell of a lot worse. This has been acknowledged by messrs Cameron, Osborne and many leading experts in economics.
Incidentally, how much has borrowing increased/decreased in the last 5 years under the stewardship of the coalition?

No more boom and bust.... He was the master of boom and bust. Debt rose by 80% under Tony Blair/ New labour
I don't know what country you were living in, or whether you were walking around with your eyes closed shut and ear plugs permanently in....

The real boom and Bust era was during the Tory parties Rule... There were THREE boom and busts during Empress Maggies and Sly Majors terms...The last one finished them!!

Debt and Taxes have risen above that of the outgoing government by the end their term, every time the Tories have been in power. You really do need to do some homework, and not rely on what comes out of the Tory propaganda rags

Debt inherited by the coalition in 2010 was in the region of £850 billion. They've successfully managed to reduce that to well over a trillion £
Successful economic policy? My arse.

does this provide the answewr?

net-borrowing-55-14-600x446.png

Debt inherited by the coalition in 2010 was in the region of £850 billion. They've successfully managed to reduce that to well over a trillion £
Successful economic policy? My arse.

Yup, and if Labour had won in 2010 the debt mountain would have been bigger by now and growing faster...

Yeah, those meetings between the party leaders to discuss current affairs never happen do they.
Each leader of the opposition knows exactly what is going on because they're kept informed by the sitting Prime Minister. It's been going on for decades.

Given how ****e most politicians are (regardless of party) I can only assume most must be Electrical Trainee politicians, coz after the course they're earning the promised £50-£60K you hear about!

their probably responsible for most CU fires also!

Reply to Who will you vote for? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net