Discuss Why is it ? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

AP Electrical

I own loads of tools of all shapes and sizes the wife thinks I've a tool fetish - partly true.
I reckon I' ve a tool for most eventualitys.
So why is it everytime the wife says something is broken in our house, I go straight to the cutlery draw for a table knife to fix the problem ?!?,
prime example the wife today informed me that there was a sharp pin exposed on the edging of our laminate floor - so of I trott unconsciously to the cutlery draw, got a cutlery knife and proceeded to bash the pin down. :dizzy2:

p.s my hammer only 10 ft away

Last edited by a moderator:
But remember you "dont" have the correct tool to do the job so you have to go and buy another shiny addition to your tool box :)

when your young you struggle along with whatever kit you have and are mad busy,yet when you reach a certain age and start to take it easy you get the uncontrollable urge to rush out and buy all the kit that you needed but couldn,t afford when you were young and busy WHY?

the reason is the same as this..... you pile every conceivable tool that you think you will need for the job, then get held up, at a standstill, short of the one tool you forgot .

im getting to that age where i keep on losing my tools and cant find them even though i have just put it down.
Couple of weeks ago checking out some sockets, unscrewed the screws, put screwdriver down next to me, pulled socket forward to inspect the wiring , just make sure the connections are tight...wheres my bloody screwdriver...i swear its every time i do something now.

im getting to that age where i keep on losing my tools and cant find them even though i have just put it down.
Couple of weeks ago checking out some sockets, unscrewed the screws, put screwdriver down next to me, pulled socket forward to inspect the wiring , just make sure the connections are tight...wheres my bloody screwdriver...i swear its every time i do something now.

haha, I went to a psychic meeting once with a bird I was chatting up, a long time ago now it seems, and they told me that some people get a invisable imp that gets attached to you.
The imp would play games and take things from you to hide.
You ever put someting down, knowing that you put it right there.....you look around and find it right where you knew it was after hunting high and low. ;)

LOL!

Wait until you get to the stage where you go to the van for just one item. Get there, open the side door and look into that big void and can’t remember what it is you went for. You then have to go back to whatever you have been working on until you need that item again, and then go back for it again.

Logged on where?...lol

Wait until you get to the stage where you go to the van for just one item. Get there, open the side door and look into that big void and can’t remember what it is you went for. You then have to go back to whatever you have been working on until you need that item again, and then go back for it again.

God thats a relief thought it was just me did that lol.

i do it all the time. must have several imps.

haha, I went to a psychic meeting once with a bird I was chatting up, a long time ago now it seems, and they told me that some people get a invisable imp that gets attached to you.
The imp would play games and take things from you to hide.
You ever put someting down, knowing that you put it right there.....you look around and find it right where you knew it was after hunting high and low. ;)

LOL!

dont do drugs kids....
:winkiss:

Reply to Why is it ? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock