Discuss Wiha tools focus group in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Andy78

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If anyone is interested Wiha tools are currently running a focus group for their tools, in particular the speede electric driver. The group is being run for Wiha by a company called expert trades.

It's £90 Inc vat to join which then gives you access to the Facebook group where all the interaction goes on. You also get a welcome pack including a Wiha speede set 1 (usually around £230 retail) and a mug, t shirt etc.

It was initially limited to 100 members but they are looking to expand that.

All they are after is honest tool reviews on the Facebook group. They have done a small tool giveaway today and I think other benefits like discounts are in the pipeline for later in the year.

If anyone is interested you can join here.

And the person who gets the most sparks to join gets an all expenses paid free trip to Wiha in Germany ;)

The Speed E isn't the greatest of tools being only 0.8nm of torque you might as well use a hand driver. But the mug is handy lmao

And the person who gets the most sparks to join gets an all expenses paid free trip to Wiha in Germany ;)

The Speed E isn't the greatest of tools being only 0.8nm of torque you might as well use a hand driver. But the mug is handy lmao

I didn't think every detail needed mentioning. :rolleyes: :grin: I'm not sure any expenses have been mentioned being covered, just a "chance" to visit the Wiha factory.

I've honestly not used my speede yet. Been out of it since before Christmas with a double dose of flu, but will put it through its paces when I'm back on Tuesday.

I think its actually only 0.4nm it takes before the motor cuts out, but I'm still excited about trying it. I remember when they came out and I really wanted one but thought the price was ridiculous. I reckoned about £80 was a fairer price so this deal suits me :D

I thought the same, seen some on the Wiha group whinging about it not being free, but the cheapest I found one was £210 on Amazon, so thought Id satisfy my Xmas tool list by grabbing one, hoping it'll be handy for doing a board change on Tuesday, but was struggling with socket screws during the week there. Be good if the torque was about 1.5nm or more.

I thought the same, seen some on the Wiha group whinging about it not being free, but the cheapest I found one was £210 on Amazon, so thought Id satisfy my Xmas tool list by grabbing one, hoping it'll be handy for doing a board change on Tuesday, but was struggling with socket screws during the week there. Be good if the torque was about 1.5nm or more.

Good to know. I have a domestic rewire second fix to put it through its paces this Tues/Weds so it will get a good run out and a chance to test battery life too.

I've been told the key to getting your head round this tool is not to view it as a battery driver such as you'd fire wood screws in with, but as a battery assisted manual screwdriver.

I got the wiha torque driver set for xmas, (lucky me) and ive managed to tear the tip off the PZ1 bit already doing up an RCBO. Was only set to 1.4nm, the recommended setting was between 1 and 1.5

I've always found the Wiha screwdrivers great for tips, better than the klein and wera offerings, I have a CK torque driver, but always use the SL/PZ2 blade for doing boards and rcbos.

I've always found the Wiha screwdrivers great for tips, better than the klein and wera offerings, I have a CK torque driver, but always use the SL/PZ2 blade for doing boards and rcbos.

ive maybe been using it all wrong (how?):rolleyes:

I’ve joined this group, went through all the questions, not asked for money yet.

looking at the reviews for this thing on amazon, they’re not great.

ive maybe been using it all wrong (how?):rolleyes:

I’ve joined this group, went through all the questions, not asked for money yet.

looking at the reviews for this thing on amazon, they’re not great.
If you don't want that tool, I'd say probably don't join. It definitely costs, they'll ask for payment to complete the application.
I really wanted to try one so thought it was worth a squirt, even if I end up selling the tool to recover my costs.

Reply to Wiha tools focus group in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net