Discuss Wires in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sparky_Ben

I have been told by college 2 double over the ends of the wire to get a bigger surface for the connection, is this right? Because my mates dad is a sparky and hes says not too. Just wondering what was best.

Double over when a single cable goes in a terminal. It doubles the surface area ensuring that the cable is clamped properly.

I tend to do it on stranded wires but thats about it. not really essental to be honnest.

No set requirement either way
Its good practice to fill the terminal with copper by doubling up where say a single core 2.5mm in a socket that is designed for 3 but cieling rose connections probably no
Using your own judgement is the standard required

Reply to Wires in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

In July I moved into my new home with Schluter DITRA heated floors in the bathroom. The floor quit working in December, and my GC and a rep from...
Replies
Views
I bought this house a couple months ago. It was built in 1952 (same as me) but has been rewired with yellow 12 awg Romex dated 2007. Looks like a...
Replies
Views
I removed my baseboard electrical heaters (1981 installed) due to finishing off the room. When I had a new AC ductwork installed they changed the...
Replies
Views
Hi I've been planning to fit an outdoor junction box at the front of my house to hide a large brickwork hole and properly house the wiring...
Replies
Views
I recently bought a bathroom mirror with LED & Bluetooth speakers (from Amazon). There is a double isolated symbol on the back of the mirror yet...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock