Search the forum,

Discuss Wish me luck in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I don't really understand your reasoning here. All of the riders, spectators, marshals and medics know exactly what the score is and attend willingly. It might be on a public road, but to all extents and purposes it becomes a racetrack during the practice and races. It is entirely different from the public roads. You seem to be insinuating that theses guys are not brave, name me another sport where those competing restart their sport just minutes after one of them has had a tragic and often fatal accident in pursuit of the ultimate goal?

You’ve perhaps inadvertently made my point by way of your question, I really can't think of another sport where the participants would do such a thing.

Your reference of ‘real men’ certainly wouldn't come to mind – something more like ‘Just kin think about it for christs sake’ perhaps :wink_smile:

You’ve perhaps inadvertently made my point by way of your question, I really can't think of another sport where the participants would do such a thing.

Your reference of ‘real men’ certainly wouldn't come to mind – something more like ‘Just kin think about it for christs sake’ perhaps :wink_smile:
Well, I guess we are not going to agree on this! The point I was trying to make is that on a public road (where ordinary drivers speed and do other stupid things), innocent people get caught up. When I was making a reference to "real" men I was really meaning in sport, when you see the way the likes of Christiano Ronaldo & Co conduct themselves.
Anyway, have a look at this, one of your countrymen, what a great lad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsZBXlTHPCg

Admin edit; NSFW. Not for kids or those who are squeamish.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Wish me luck in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net