Discuss Ze(S) DB2 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

ste-b

Hi all, a competant person very conscientious would appreciate advice on Ze(S) test at DB2 outbuilding, I believe not classed as Ze test as not external to db, is this classed as Zs test, as test at main disconector switch with earth still in place.
Have been on threads before & had p taking from electricians, i am aware & understand your knowledge is much greater than mine & hope to learn more from your knowledge,
regards Ste-b

What you are describing is not Ze as that can only be taken at the origin. It is in fact the Zs of the submain feeding DB2. It can also be referred to as Zdb

As sintra says, you are describing a ZDB value. This is a reading of ZS and if substituting a reading of ZE on a certificate for ZDB then it should be taken with all parallel paths in place and recorded, however this should made very clear on the certificate. This is sometime necessary in the event of not being able to isolate the whole installation to measure ZE.

Reply to Ze(S) DB2 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I was wondering if someone might be able to help either confirm or change my understanding on the use of S-Type RCDs. I believe that they can be...
Replies
Views
Doing a lot of EICRs at the moment and have came across what I'm sure is a common enough problem. In an off grid rural cottage I have a TT system...
Replies
Views
Hi, I would love some help understanding an issue I’m having on a 16mm SWA cable running from the CU in my house to the CU in the shed. I believe...
Replies
Views
I was asked to go and take a look at a generator set up by a marquee company yesterday to do some testing. It was a brand new JCB 65QS with...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Not sure if this is the best place to post but here goes! I'm over 50 and not working at the moment (semi retired) but I'd like to get...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock