Zs

Discuss Zs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

cliffed

-
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Recently been to test new build,everything fine except for one area,lighting circuit should be reasonably low reading,like other circuits,but Zs is 2.20 ohms,other reading much lower,.66 ohms,1.2 ohms.This is a new build ,& would expect lower,at this stage, I'm just testing,would you be prepared to be happy on this reading.All protected by rcbo's 30 ma 10 amp.

what's your R1+R2? for the lighting and your Ze? could just be a long cable run.

Recently been to test new build,everything fine except for one area,lighting circuit should be reasonably low reading,like other circuits,but Zs is 2.20 ohms,other reading much lower,.66 ohms,1.2 ohms.This is a new build ,& would expect lower,at this stage, I'm just testing,would you be prepared to be happy on this reading.All protected by rcbo's 30 ma 10 amp.
BS and type of rcbo?

Swap the 2 lighting circuits between the RCBO's and see if the "variance" moves with them or not. RCD's and RCBO's can do odd things to Zs readings.....

R1+R2 works out about right then for the estimated length of circuit. All other circuits are giving readings that are expected and your confident the RCBO's tight on the busbar and the line conductors in the RCBO terminal tight with no trapped insulation then it can only be the RCBO. I would probably swap it for a 6A C type or 10A B type depending on the characteristics of the load. As it stands ATM the circuit still comply as the RCD part of the RCBO is providing fault protection.

R1+R2 works out about right then for the estimated length of circuit. All other circuits are giving readings that are expected and your confident the RCBO's tight on the busbar and the line conductors in the RCBO terminal tight with no trapped insulation then it can only be the RCBO. I would probably swap it for a 6A C type or 10A B type depending on the characteristics of the load. As it stands ATM the circuit still comply as the RCD part of the RCBO is providing fault protection.
Thanks,yes my thinking too,6 amp rcbo's,in place of 10 amp.
lenght of cable estimated by measuring.

Just swap the RCBO for one that is known to be fine and test again, start by eliminating the simple things. As Lee said if everything else tests out fine then maybe the RCBO is suspect.

Reply to Zs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net