Discuss 151 White Silicone Sealant... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete E

-
DIY
Reaction score
I hate having to open a large tube of silicone sealant to do a little bit of filling/sealing.

Invariably the next time you go to the tube its gone off and needs to be binned.

A while ago, I found that Poundland do small 70g tubes of white 151 Silicone Sealant as below:

151 White Bath & Shower Basin Silicone Sealant 70g - Mould Resistant | eBay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/332401002168?chn=ps&adgroupid=48716125379&rlsatarget=pla-382120634115&abcId=1129946&adtype=pla&merchantid=119020434&poi=&googleloc=9045255&device=c&campaignid=974960635&crdt=0

Being only the size of a large tube of tooth paste, it takes hardly any room in the bottom of a tool box and having a proper screw top, the sealant doesn't go off as easily as the larger tubes.

I used some today that I last used 12 months ago and apart from a small plug in the neck that needed unpicking, it was fine.

I can't seem to see it in the Pound shops at the moment, but its available online (as above) for not much more...

So nothing exciting really, but just a tip about a cheap
product that makes life a tiny bit easier...

Another silicone tip on already opened tubes (speaking from experience here!) if you carefully smell the silicone and it slightly stings your nose, then it is good, however if it smells stagnant then it has gone off, even though it may still be applied.....beware it will not cure. As I once made this mistake and after a few days it was still claggy, and had clean it off and do it again!

Maybe my assesment of the passage of time is dulled by age .
(but if its the only tube left ..it's rock solid for me ---)
can be used as a silicone hammer (HSE-caution)
..or some Anne Som....... product
-- Doomed to pick up old stock ... as don't have glasses on --

Reply to 151 White Silicone Sealant... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Thanks for looking at my question I have a vehicle that I charge my trailer battery with. The charge circuit is 10 metres via an andeson plug...
Replies
Views
Can anyone tell me the socket size of the head to a 5/8" Earth driving stud, the bolt that fits into the threaded joiner? Dims across the flats...
Replies
Views
Been looking for a little hoover to take into smaller domestic jobs with me as my good one is just too big to drag in when your only going to make...
Replies
Views
I have an Onkyo SR606 with 4 bookshelf speakers (no bass or centre). Just seen this though...
Replies
Views
spary
S
H
Okay, this is probably going to be a really stupid question, but I'm hoping someone can point out my error. We have spotlights all over our...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock