Discuss 17th edition upgrde cours. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

davey g

Can anyone who has done the 17th edition upgrade course let me know what to expect.Is it just on the new regs they have brought in or is it on the whole thing again.

To be perfectly honest it`s pretty much a waste of time. The main objective is to allow colleges/scheme providers etc to vastly over-charge sparks for a day of flicking through the new regs. The scheme providers need to generate revenue but USEFUL AND SENSIBLY PRICES COURSES would be a step forward.

If you look at the economics of running a simple one-day course it is very, very, very profitable.

20 blokes in a room (at £200 per bloke) with one guy droning one for a few hours - kerching!, £2,000 profit.

Givus a job, I could do that!

proffessional io agree however there are some points all be it ones that can be printed off and posted out that do need covering.
There is also the risk of some sparks (i use that term loosly) that need to be sat down and told as they dont know what there talking about. we have all met them.

Anyway company paid for mine!!

Agree with what these guys have said.

It is, literally a couple of days, flicking through the regs and highlighting the changes, and then a 60 minute open book multiguess GOLA exam with results there and then.

Remember to take a pillow.

did the full three day course, cost me £750 plus 3 days lost money.
(not forgetting 60 for the book)
mind you we got sandwiches yum yum
i was upgrading from the 15th, so you should ace it:p

Reply to 17th edition upgrde cours. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock