Discuss 17th "Interpretation" in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

greekislandlover

My lords and masters today announced that having an upstairs ring and downstairs ring "Doesn't apply unless it's a new build". Therefore they, and the local council who pay the bills are of the opinion that as long as everything is protected by RCD (unless it costs too much) we proceed as before on rewires - two lighting circuits, one kitchen ring and a house ring.

Not wanting to start a huge row about this point - just asking what people think on this one! Personally, it seems an incorrect assumption, but I'd be really interested to hear what others have to say.

the bloke from elecsa said something along the same lines to me about the 17th but he advised a 2.5ring for the house with a 4mm radial for the kitchen and utility. he also called them that write the regs some choice names for not ditching rings altogether and just going with radials.

never mind ditching rings i cant believe that BS 3036 FUSES ARE STILL IN THERE.

It means that if a area trips i still have other lights !
same as plumbing. I have each area controlled by valves and drain offs. By god it makes life easy !

The IEE men were going to eradicate ring main circuits as we are the only country in europe who use them. The prefered method set by IEE and elecsa is for a 2.5mm 20amp radial for upstairs and down sockets and a 4mm 32 amp radial for kitchens.

Rings will soon be a thing of the past. Easier to test

Reply to 17th "Interpretation" in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock