Discuss 18th edition Course. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
hi

I’ve got my 18th edition course next week, just wondered if there were any past papers floating around or if there are example questions?

Just been a while since I’ve been in the classroom so wanted to try and prepare.

Thanks

Just done the 18th and passed with 90% so here are a few tips I picked up.

1. In the index of each chapter it just states each regulation number so you have to flick through the next few pages looking for the relevant number.To save time in the exam I looked up each reg number and then wrote the page number in the index instead.

2.Get yourself a highlighter pen and highlight relevant sections so in the exam your eyes go to the answers quicker.

3.Use the quick reference guide below.You will notice my numbers next to each section.This is how many questions there are in each section.This is quite handy if you don't know where to look in the book.So say your on question 29 then you should be in part 5 .

4.Use sticky notes sticking out of the book to highlight sections that you need to find quickly.

5.Use 18th Edition Exam Simulator | -----------.co.uk - http://www.-----------.co.uk/18thedition/18th-edition-exam-simulator.php to do lots of mock questions.

6.Above all revise.I spent 2 weeks revising using the website above and I was still suprised how many questions in the exam I still didn't know.

7.Good luck.
18th edition Course. 001 - EletriciansForums.net

hi

I’ve got my 18th edition course next week, just wondered if there were any past papers floating around or if there are example questions?

Just been a while since I’ve been in the classroom so wanted to try and prepare.

Thanks
Afternoon.Advice would be dont assume its a piece of cake.I took mine before christmas and noticed the 4 multiple chopice answers were better written than before.With the 17th it was possible to dismiss 2 of the 4 answers.I found parts of the exam harder than the 2391.Good luck

Hey WELL DONE!
You did better than me, I got 85% but yes you're right it was difficult.
It's always better to be on the other side of that one.
Took almost 4 weeks for my cert to come through.
Good show! - I had to do loads of mock exams and loads of studying to get that mark.

I used the sparky facts website for 3 mock exams and then did the 1 day course which was 6 hours going through the regs, so in total somewhere around 11 or 12 hours going through the regs.

Oh - see the difference! I did a one night a week course over six weeks at my local college which had about twelve or more electricians on it . Did some of the sparky facts exams, downloaded others and was sent still other sets of exams from God knows where. Had to study every day for minimum four hours to get the knowledge up to a standard that I was averaging mid 80's on the mocks.
Good shot in the arm though to pass after failing the CompEx three times - well ended up getting Ex01 and Ex02 cert only.

It was an intensive course and just 2 of us on it so that probably helped.

Long term your route may be better, I know what I need to know about spd’s to get through the exam but there is a lot I don’t know, end of the day if I’m unsure of anything I can call the technical number of the accredited body.

Don’t really do much electrical work these days but wanted to keep options open

Reply to 18th edition Course. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock