Discuss 2 separated RCD in one grill. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys!I have a question.
We have a 3 phase electric grill with two cooking area and two separated circuit will feed those areas lets say left h side and right h side.Both circuit will be protected by 30mA RCD.My question,is it possible to get a dangerous situation if on both circuit will have 20-20mA leakage.in this case it would exceed 30mA.but the individual RCDs will measure only 20mA...i hope you are with me.
Thank you for your answers

Can you post the make and model, or even better the instructions?
I have never seen a grill requiring 2 separate 3phase supplies. Not saying it’s impossible, but it is certainly rare.

Can you post the make and model, or even better the instructions?
I have never seen a grill requiring 2 separate 3phase supplies. Not saying it’s impossible, but it is certainly rare.
Basically just i would like to know if this situation would shows up,would it be dangerous?

Just thinking this through.... not sure how that would work? Logically if they're in the same box then the CPC would be common. Would make more sense to have one RCD upstream of the split to two branches.

You need to give more info are these two three phase circuits or two single phase.

We understand that you are feeding or intending to feed it with 2 supplies, what we don’t know is if the appliance was designed to accept 2 separate supplies or if you are trying to make it work outside of the manufacturers installation instructions.

Reply to 2 separated RCD in one grill. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock