Discuss 2016 Toyota Hilux stereo has not power in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
2016 Toyota Hilux 4x2 work Ute
I have installed the reverse camera and by mistake I was soldering one cable with the power on !
Now the stereo is not turning on and I notice that the clock and both the electric mirrors are not working too!
I have checked the fuses in the main fuse box and looks they are all good.
I have tried to test the cables in the main harness that connect to the stereo and I have 12v reading only form one cable.
Is there a relay somewhere connect to the stereo power line? I can find it
Anyone know what the issue can be?
Thank you

TL;DR
2016 TOYOTA Hilux stereo has not power
probably yous blown a fuse. have you checked the fuse box in the cab, as well as the one under the hood?

I still reckon it's most likely a fuse somewhere. Do you have a list of all fuses in the vehicle? Have a Google search if not.

Make sure you find the exact fuse number and location, as Tel says it may be in a fusebox in a different location. Cars usually have several fuseboxes these days.

Also some modern cars have an electronic shut down feature which self resets a number of times. This is usually on the cigarette lighter/accessory sockets though.

I still reckon it's most likely a fuse somewhere. Do you have a list of all fuses in the vehicle? Have a Google search if not.

Make sure you find the exact fuse number and location, as Tel says it may be in a fusebox in a different location. Cars usually have several fuseboxes these days.

Also some modern cars have an electronic shut down feature which self resets a number of times. This is usually on the cigarette lighter/accessory sockets though.
Yes I do have a list of all the fuses and I checked each fuse and they are all good!
I know for sure is is a fuse or relay but because I checked every fuse I reckon is a relays but don’t know which one and where is located

Yes I do have a list of all the fuses and I checked each fuse and they are all good!
I know for sure is is a fuse or relay but because I checked every fuse I reckon is a relays but don’t know which one and where is located

Which fuse number is it?
Check the voltage between each side of this fuse and earth with a multimeter set to DC volts.

Reply to 2016 Toyota Hilux stereo has not power in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock