Discuss 2330-203 Exam in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Sp33do

Hi all i'm sitting my 2330-203 exam on april 1st and was wondering if anyone has any info on this exam?
Old pass papers would be great!!
also any website that could help i've been on swindon massive etc

Sat mine today, got a Distinction, The breakdown of the exam is as follows:-

Part 1
Safe systems of working - 10 questions
Using technical information - 5 questions

Part2
Electrical machines and AC theory - 5 questions
Polyline Systems - 5 questions
Over current, short circuit and earth fault protection - 5 questions

This is how the exam WILL be structured, basically 15 questions on health and safety and 15 on the rest.

I had questions like:-

What is the relationship between line voltage and phase voltage in a three phase delta system
A. Linevoltage=Phasevoltage

What type of protection does an RCD provide
A. Additional

What is the relationship between line current and phase current in a three phase delta system
A. line current = 1.732 * phase current

If 34kw was spread evenly over the 3 phases of a 4 wire start connected supply, what would happen if the supply to one of the phases was cut?
A. Neutral would carry out of balance current

The line current on a three phase star system is 30A, what is the phase current
A. 30A

ect ect

plus 15 q's on health and safety

Mike

Good on yer, feels good to get it outa the way dunnit, go out and celebrate mate.

Sat mine today, got a Distinction, The breakdown of the exam is as follows:-

Part 1
Safe systems of working - 10 questions
Using technical information - 5 questions

Part2
Electrical machines and AC theory - 5 questions
Polyline Systems - 5 questions
Over current, short circuit and earth fault protection - 5 questions

This is how the exam WILL be structured, basically 15 questions on health and safety and 15 on the rest.

I had questions like:-

What is the relationship between line voltage and phase voltage in a three phase delta system
A. Linevoltage=Phasevoltage

What type of protection does an RCD provide
A. Additional

What is the relationship between line current and phase current in a three phase delta system
A. line current = 1.732 * phase current

If 34kw was spread evenly over the 3 phases of a 4 wire start connected supply, what would happen if the supply to one of the phases was cut?
A. Neutral would carry out of balance current

The line current on a three phase star system is 30A, what is the phase current
A. 30A

ect ect

plus 15 q's on health and safety

Mike
Congrats mate!
What did you use to revise etc??
did you use this site for any Electrical Exams - Covering electrical exam preparation for all exams from the 2382 to the 2330
Thanks mate!!

Ha Yes mate, celebrate I did, I also had my 202 on the Tuesday, got a Distinction in that also, so im chuffed and had a good week, just got my 205 to do and im finished.

As for revision for the above, i bought the Heinemann book "Electrical Installations Level 2 2330 Technical Certificate"
The book shadows the course, it is split into 4 units 201,202,203 and 204 and each unit is split into the different coutcomes, beleive me its the best £20 you will spend

Go onto the C&G website and download the course handbook for the 2330 L2, somewhere in it under "test specification" it will tell you how many questions there will be for each different outcome in each unit exam, study the book hard for 4-5 days before the exam and u should be ok.

There is also a website called smartscreen.co.uk, it contains 60 mock questions for each unit, you will need a centre number from your college to enroll on it.

Also bycon.co.uk.....sample exams for £1.50!

I did use that site mate for the free 201 download, i was well impressed with it, but for level 2, the book i mentioned is all you need

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha Yes mate, celebrate I did, I also had my 202 on the Tuesday, got a Distinction in that also, so im chuffed and had a good week, just got my 205 to do and im finished.

As for revision for the above, i bought the Heinemann book "Electrical Installations Level 2 2330 Technical Certificate"
The book shadows the course, it is split into 4 units 201,202,203 and 204 and each unit is split into the different coutcomes, beleive me its the best £20 you will spend

Go onto the C&G website and download the course handbook for the 2330 L2, somewhere in it under "test specification" it will tell you how many questions there will be for each different outcome in each unit exam, study the book hard for 4-5 days before the exam and u should be ok.

There is also a website called smartscreen.co.uk, it contains 60 mock questions for each unit, you will need a centre number from your college to enroll on it.

I did use that site mate for the free 201 download, i was well impressed with it, but for level 2, the book i mentioned is all you need

Mike
Thanks mate i'll look into that asap!!

Mike
Hi again what is the pass mark for this exam? its different to the first 2 aint it?

Last edited by a moderator:
They are all the same mate 60%, i believe

When i say 60% i mean that you have to get a minimum of 60% in each outcome to pass, so for example if an exam is split into 3 outcomes, you may get 100% in outcome1 and 100% in outcome 2 but only 59% in outcome 3.....you fail the exam!

They are all the same mate 60%, i believe

When i say 60% i mean that you have to get a minimum of 60% in each outcome to pass, so for example if an exam is split into 3 outcomes, you may get 100% in outcome1 and 100% in outcome 2 but only 59% in outcome 3.....you fail the exam!
Ok thanks again mate!

Sat my 2330-203 exam yesterday. Pleased to say that I came through with a distinction. I suprised myself to be honest.

Got to resit my 2330-203 exam got 100% health and safetyand 53% in principles sitting again this week. Anyone got any old papers on this or any advice and help? Please

What oh mate, same thing happened to me, right annoying ani't it
:)
Sitting my re test this friday

Reply to 2330-203 Exam in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock