Discuss 2391 301 final word march 14 2013 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

biggsy

hi guys just heard from c&g
Thank you for contacting City & Guilds Customer Relations.
With regards to the 2391-301 Technical Knowledge of the Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations. I can advise that due to centre demand and the need for potential re-sits, there will be an additional date for the dated entry written paper which will be March 14th 2013, this will be the final date.
There will not be a February exam series in 2013 and there will be no further exam date
Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact the Customer Relations team on 0844 543 0033.
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]Yours sincerely[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]sat mine in oct expecting results this week gives us a bit of time to resit if needed !

[/FONT]

sat mine in june & failed, but they dont let you know what you failed on or how close you were to passing. i think they should give you some feedback so you know where to concentrate you efforts for the next time. Got a re-sit next week so fingers crossed!

correct terminology & read the questions properly!! a crafty one this....
state three provisions for basic protectionthat may need to be inspected in a domestic installation - 3 marks...

bs7671 requires that provision for basic protection is provided by one or more of the following methods;
insulation of live parts
installation of barriers or enclosures
obstacles
placing out of reach
SELV or PELV
double insulation
reinforced insulation

no marks would be awarded for obstacles, placing out of reach, double insulation and reinforced insulation!

correct terminology & read the questions properly!! a crafty one this....
state three provisions for basic protectionthat may need to be inspected in a domestic installation - 3 marks...

bs7671 requires that provision for basic protection is provided by one or more of the following methods;
insulation of live parts
installation of barriers or enclosures
obstacles
placing out of reach
SELV or PELV
double insulation
reinforced insulation

no marks would be awarded for obstacles, placing out of reach, double insulation and reinforced insulation!

A classic, this one. Its about thinking about what you are doing. No marks will be awarded as you correctly say, because you wont come across them in a domestic environment.

Heres another to catch you out.

State three special locations which you could normally expect to find in a domestic environment. BEFORE you answer it, a word of warning, DONT PUT YOUR PART P HEAD ON.

Cheers.............Howard

I would have answered a bit diffrent.

1) Locations containing a bath or shower.

2) Rooms and cabins containing a Sauna heater

3) Swimming pools

The part P head may put Kitchens I would of thourght!

Reply to 2391 301 final word march 14 2013 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net