Discuss 2391 october in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, is anyone else taking their 2391 in october? Im booked on the course and have just bought gn3, exam success inspection and test and inspection and test and certification by brian scaddan. Is there anything else i need other than to get stuck into the books aside from the practical side of things? Craig

Hi, is anyone else taking their 2391 in october? Im booked on the course and have just bought gn3, exam success inspection and test and inspection and test and certification by brian scaddan. Is there anything else i need other than to get stuck into the books aside from the practical side of things? Craig

Yes, dig out some previous 2391-10 threads on this forum and have a good read through, we've done many questions in detail and similar questions rotate at quite a regular frequency!

Any problems, just shout out!

i had quite a few pass papers with the course i sat before the exam i think theres pass papers online aswell, the exam success isnt great but is good to understand how the c&g uniquely ask and word their questions like, i wouldnt worry so much about the practical exam its easy aslong as you know the reasons for each test and can explain yourself when asked a random question during the exam so thats all info from the gn3 but as far as the written goes just common sense and clear explanation

Read the GN3 thoroughly and highlight key chapters ie, Methods described for prevention direct & indirect contact. Also make sure you understand all the necessary stages of testing and test procedures including diagrams, and memorize how to draw labled diadrams of TN-S, TT and TNC-s earthing systems. Good luck.

Some really good advice already given. The most important of which is the knowledge of GN3. It really cant be emphasised how much depth of knowledge you will need of this book. If you are taking the Oct course, then you need to start now a couple of hours a day minimum reading this book, get used to all the correct terminology, stop using everyday slang like "megger" "IR test" and so on. You will need an in depth knowledge of every test instrument, its range, purpose and its operating voltage and current etc for each test. Dont dwell on the practical part, you will get plenty of practice prior to the real test, and then you will be coaxed through, unlike the written exam which is a very testing closed book on your own exam. Digest GN3 and you will have no problems.

The Oct 2391 is my debut at delivering the course, i am looking forward to the challenge, but i am also re reading GN3 several times, because as the saying goes "You cant preach what you cant practice".

Cheers..............Howard

I love 2391 week, my favourite course to deliver. I'm popping up to Stockton to assist in the course this week.
Good luck to all.

widdler

i have mine tomorrow in manchester starting to get worried but iv put the hours in on the past papers and the questions all seem to be quite similar, anyone have any idea what to expect? theres deffo gonna be an earth fault return path question and learn the differences between direct and indirect. also iv noticed alot of easy marks given away for knowing the IP codes. other than that its all instruments tests and legal documents. im feeling quite confident. oh if anyone needs help with the practical i found a great youtube seiries of videos theyre exactly what we need. DJTElectrical's Channel - YouTube <<< enjoy the free step by step videos

Go through you're copy of the GN3 and underline all of the relevant sections. The most likely questions will be based on initial inspection checklists, preparation and requirements for performing an insulation resistance test and ring final circuit test. Learn how to draw and correctly label TN-S, TT and TNC-S earthing diagrams. This question will probably crop up in section 2 and carry 15 marks.

Reply to 2391 october in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net