Discuss 2391 or 2392 ???? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi
I completed 2330 level 2/3 2008 and am i doing 17th edition update in july.I have limited domestic exeperience would it be advisable to do 2392 1st then 2391 after or get some more inspection and testing experiance and study hard and do 2391 1st.Undersatandably doing both will be very exspensive

Upto to you tucker, legally you don't have to have a qualification to inspect and test, but it does help as some cotractor insist you have it. Might be best to get your 17th edition and see how it goes, cos at least you'll know what you're looking for when you test.

Some colleges do additional practical sessions for inspection an testing which would give you some general knowledge of how to use the meter etc, then once you've done some testing in a job, go for an inspection and testing qual.

Last edited:
I put my 'basic' students through the 2392, and insist they pass it before i will consider them for the 2391

the way i look at it, most people fail the 2391, wheras i have very high pass rates for the 2392 (its only a level 2 qual), so at least you get a formal qual in inspecting and testing, then go on to the 2391 when you have got more time on the meter

and remember, you pays your money, you takes your choice

thank you
had 5 lives for you reply

Hi all
I understand testing and can do dead and live tests as i have done this with a domestic spark .i have passed the 2 written exams ( 2.5 hrs each one ) on level 3 2330 ,what is the written exam like on 2391 ?? what is involved in 2392 what is the difference between them and the rough cost thanks

Last edited:
thank you
had 5 lives for you reply

Hi all
I understand testing and can do dead and live tests as i have done this with a domestic spark .i have passed the 2 written exams ( 2.5 hrs each one ) on level 3 2330 ,what is the written exam like on 2391 ?? what is involved in 2392 what is the difference between them and the rough cost thanks

we charge about the same for each course (about £995)

2392 is an initial verification of a small single phase board with a ring and spur, cooker circuit, one 2 way lighting and one radial to a socket, done in two hours, including the EIC

then its a 45 q multi-choice online closed book exam, its level2 and is NOWHERE near as hard as the 2391 exam, which is curently sitting at about a 33% pass rate:eek:

Reply to 2391 or 2392 ???? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock