Discuss 3 bed rewire in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys

Still trying to get my head around pricing jobs, I need a comparison for particular job

It’s a 3 bed house full rewire, Mostly pendants.
Kitchen and bathroom will have downlights,

It’s solid walls everywhere so there will be chasing to be done and floor boards lifted for wiring.

I’m in the south east I would like to hear your opinions on price

Thanks In advance

Tom

Price about the same as a holiday.

Seriously, impossible to even guess without a site visit. One big thing: will the property be empty, or are you having to move beds, wardrobes, etc?

Price about the same as a holiday.

Seriously, impossible to even guess without a site visit. One big thing: will the property be empty, or are you having to move beds, wardrobes, etc?
No furniture to be moved. They have been quoted £3200 by another electrician. Strangely if you google 3bed rewire the average price is £3200.

starter for 10 is £1k per no. of bedrooms. then count up points and cost at say, £50 -60 per point. (more for cooker.shower circuits, obviously) tot it all up, add c. £350 - £500 for CU.

No furniture to be moved. They have been quoted £3200 by another electrician. Strangely if you google 3bed rewire the average price is £3200.
I'd probably be about there or just over for that job, assuming empty house. But I'm up in Hull. No idea about prices elsewhere.
If I knew I was up against £3200 I would not be trying to beat it. I'd be quoting higher and selling my service as the only one they need.

Op ... how many points ?

I did a partial rewire last week, with help, and it took its toll on us ... 18 sockets ...

That said we found so many botches , junction boxes and spurs off spurs too .... a real mess. Now all replaced

My price is nearly double, never had a complaint about my prices until now, just annoys me
If that's your price then that's your price. If you've not had any complaints until now then it's not a problem with your prices obviously.

Hopefully the customer will see that such a large disparity means that not all services come equal.

Its funny, i was doubting some of my pricing recently, quoted for a empty rewire of a very small studio flat, didnt get it at £1600.
Quoted for a partial rewire of an empty 3 bed to be done in stages over around 2 months, cu/bonding 1st, then downstairs sockets then finally upstairs sockets with just a few downlights in hall(floorboards up directly above) all in just over £2.6k as the kitchen it being left for another day as part of a future extension.
Knew i wasn't cheapest on the house quote but my quote was detailed,informative, and covered lots of aspects. they liked the attention to detail over some other guys quote that was lower and on a single piece of paper, my quote was 5 pages long!
I do wonder at times if i should price higher as if its too low it can actually work against you.

6k I’m just waiting on confirmation of the kitchen.
6k sounds expensive for a 3 bed basic rewire.

3 sockets, pendant per bedroom £600

1 socket, pendant, smoke, 2way landing £225

Hall same as landing £225

Fan, ip light bathroom £200

Living room 6 sockets, pendant £350

Dining room 4 sockets, pendant £250

Kitchen 3 sockets, 5 appliances, heat £475

Misc CCU, 2x bonds, boiler supply £530

2 x outside lights £160

£3015

Plus a percentage of 10-20%

£3300-£3600

9 man days £2250
Material £750

Rest profit/expenses

I could rewire a house like that with 2 of my lads in 2 days.

Reply to 3 bed rewire in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock