Discuss 3 Ph concumer unit in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

-sparky-pl-

Hallo everyone, because im installing my first 3 ph concumer unit i have a questions, i got the Wylex 8 way with 125A isilator, but it looks to me like the isolator switching of only phases, what about neutral? Also for 125 A main switch do i use 38 mm tails? Or 25 is enough. Main switch 125A means that it will take 3x125A or 125A in total. And last one, maybe stupid, but... will this board take RCBO's?

Thank You in advance.

Hey sparky

First of all nearly all main switch kits come as a triple pole isolator and a neutral link kit.
Or possibly there will be a terminal for the neutral in the DB, usually a crimp type.

You can get 4 pole main switches but not as common 3 pole is fine.

The main switch is rated to 125A but this is not what protects the tails supplying the DB, you will need to look at the rating of fuses that the tails are supplied from i.e DNO cut-out or MCCB in panel board or switchfuse etc then size your tails and earthing conductor accordingly

^^^got to be honest, that is no brainer stuff and you should know it.

And yes I would have thought you will be able to get RCBO's for this board.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Thank you for that, and yes this is not brainy stuf, but if you doing something for the first time , it is good to have someone for consultation! Thats while im in this forum!;)

Cheers! And Thank you again.

Manufacturers only fit 3pole+n link on db's unless there asked to fit 4pole,personally i don't like the idea of a switched neutral on a db
yours gb

There is no point for switching a neutral on a three phase supply. I don't understand the question? Hence most dis-boards only disconnect the lines.
A 4-pole isolator is sometimes used before the dis board, for obvious reasons...but the dis board usually only disconects the phases.

If lines are disconected the board is 100% is disconected, you may as well have a five pole isolator and disconnect the earth as well...Single phase differs because it has only one return path, the neutral.

Reply to 3 Ph concumer unit in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock