Discuss 3000 in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

they said that the year 2000 would stop all computers working and it didn't. . maybe it's revenge of the machines time.

one for the mix
its either members fed up with Dan trying to get an elitist group together that they havent been invited to (why I have no idea)
its ex other forum members trying to stir up some mythical 3000post club (why I have no idea)
or a clutch to keep the claim as being the biggest UK electrical forum (most likely) ,
I would put a link to a thread I previously spoke about this claim on but unfortunately it seems there is some sort of paranoia beholding tonight,
mind, there are some strange postings going on, this thread too....

I have no beef with 3000+ or electricians arms which I have no access to its the muzzling of free discussion thats getting to me.

to be fair tonite is the biggest free discusion,blow the cobwebs off forum ive ever seen it,it will be stopped but the mods are letting it flow for now,so fair play..

funny you say that alarm man, have you seen the number of members that have got banned tonight?
fair enough, a few of them were first posters, I get the feeling they were members under aliases due to not wanting to forego their existing status,
myself, I couldnt care less, Ive been asked to join the arms a few times, I dont want to be managment behind the doors, my views can be seen in public,
its yet another step to the unions, where we talk behind the door, then we tell you what we want you to think we talked about

Ok...

To start with,
whilst all this was going on, i discovered a reasonable sized 'tick' trying to bury itself into the back of my leg which i have had to dig out, so, i am not in a good place at the moment.

Now, if you really want an answer i'll give you the EXACT reason it was set up...

Dan, who OWNS the forum, does not have a huge amount of input into the general running, as he is not an electrician, plus he has many others to deal with, so its myself, Lenny and the mods who look after the place.

He had stumbled across a setting in the control panel that lets a forum only allow users of certain posts counts to enter automatically.

Now, the 3000 club is NOT an elitist club, it is merely there for our regular members to hang out as a kind of 'thanks' for their massive contribution to the forum.

The Arms has not been set in this way, as we do try and keep the access only to bona fide sparks who wish discuss any topic relating to business, pricing or stuff in general that they want out of public view.

Thats it... nothing more, nothing less.

Members have been banned for spamming pointlessly about it and i am happy to authorise more bans if need be, as this is taking up way too much moderating time for the lads.

We are more than happy for discussion about anything, but dont take the **** by spamming threads about something you are not happy with.

It is there to stay, end of.

No it's not a virus.....basically it's when a forum that we used alot (for me it was forums4games) went down for whatever reason we'd go to another gamers forum and spam it with alot of drivel through boredom often resulting in temporary bans as the admins and mods got fed up with the extra workload produced by all the new spam.

Used to be more fun when the game shard went down tbh...we'd then male new characters on a chosen shard just to annoy the other gamers and also slowdown the servers until that shard crashed aswell.

it wasn't big or clever....but i was less wise back then and cared little to the disruption caused,unlike now.

ah
yet another forum that works on the principle of Chinese Democracy
say what you want and after we have moderated it to ensure you agree with our views then the public can see you have your own opinion.
what twaddle,
threads have been closed and posts edited and members deleted simply for stating a view that doesnt comply with the party line,

Reply to 3000 in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net