Discuss 415v to 110v transformer in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'm ready for the abuse but I think I'm having a brain fart.... I'm fabricating a small centrifuge oil panel, all materials are here for me, it's my first foray into panel building and there isn't anyone to ask really, without getting a faceful of abuse.
So they've supplied me a 415v to 110v transformer from RS. On my diagram L1 and L3 are supplying said transformer.
I've attached a pic, if anyone could tell me what connections to use, I feel like I should know but I'm having a flap and also direct me somewhere to learn more about transformers please? TIAIMG_20210304_101424.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm ready for the abuse but I think I'm having a brain fart.... I'm fabricating a small centrifuge oil panel, all materials are here for me, it's my first foray into panel building and there isn't anyone to ask really, without getting a faceful of abuse.
So they've supplied me a 415v to 110v transformer from RS. On my diagram L1 and L3 are supplying said transformer.
I've attached a pic, if anyone could tell me what connections to use, I feel like I should know but I'm having a flap and also direct me somewhere to learn more about transformers please? TIA
Are you talking 3 phase 4 wire supply? or 415v using 2 phases?

2 phases to supply 415V primary. unsure which terminals for secondary. seems it has a +/- 15V to adjust. up a bit.down a bit. to me, to you, oops one of the chuckle bros is no more.

I could be wrong here but your 400v goes to 400v and 0v. You also have additional terminals for +/- voltage tolerance so for 415v you go to 400v and +15v. The transformer primary states 230/400v +/-15v so the range of the primary is 215-245v and 385-415v.
Secondary are two 115v windings so parallel for 115v and series for 230v.
@Lucien Nunes will know for sure.

Last edited:
I'm assuming the OP has the datasheet which indicates the secondary has an output range of 12, 24, 48, 57.5, 115, 230 VAC

Time to get a meter out and do a bit of checking I think

The data sheets on the RS site tell you exactly what Westward10 has said. The no load voltage should be 122v on the secondary side.

looks like UNG has been replying as I was looking at the data sheets.?

I'm assuming the OP has the datasheet which indicates the secondary has an output range of 12, 24, 48, 57.5, 115, 230 VAC

Time to get a meter out and do a bit of checking I think
Look down the data sheet for 880 2582 you will see the secondary is quoted at 2×115v.

I had no issues regarding the outputs, it was more the incoming side I was getting in a fluff about.
Thanks for the replies guys ??
yes, one phase to
0v other phase to 400v

as before, if the output voltage is a bit high or low, can be trimmed by moving phase from 0v to -15 or +15

Given this is a 400v reference input the + or - 15v taps are very handy as we all know we only work on 400v on paper, 415 still tends to be the measured voltage so in reflection you would be connecting your input using the measured voltage.
To make sure you got it correct in choosing your (-15 / 0 / +15 ) option just check your output voltage is 230v or as near to (or 115v if using those taps), you won't damage the Tx short term in just trying out the different taps between 400v option as long as you don't put one input line to 230v.

Last edited:

Reply to 415v to 110v transformer in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net