Discuss 63p + VAT Per item in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

GBDamo

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
PA testing;-

Customer:- "can you quote these sites for PA testing"

Me:- "Sure it'll be £1.50 + VAT Per item"

Customer:- "We've been quoted 63p +VAT Per item, can youatch them"

Me:- "No"

Customer:- "Why"

Me:- "We intend doing the testing"

Sick of them, and hate PA testing but we need around £30.00 + VAT an hour to make money.

That equates to Roughly one item per minute.

Now, if they were all lined up on a desk then at a push it's doable, but in reality you cannot do the iob at that price.

PA testing;-

Customer:- "can you quote these sites for PA testing"

Me:- "Sure it'll be £1.50 + VAT Per item"

Customer:- "We've been quoted 63p +VAT Per item, can youatch them"

Me:- "No"

Customer:- "Why"

Me:- "We intend doing the testing"

Sick of them, and hate PA testing but we need around £30.00 + VAT an hour to make money.

That equates to Roughly one item per minute.

Now, if they were all lined up on a desk then at a push it's doable, but in reality you cannot do the iob at that price.
agreed he's got the sticker it, no testing brigade in.

At that price id be rtiring to the Algarve ater these jobs.

Come on then fellas, what do charge per item?

When you work for yourself you charge what you like, whether its reasonable or just a price to get the clowns off your back.
When you work for somebody else you are working to make the company maximum profit, you become part of the loss so expect to be treated as a slave.

I avoid the price war by not offering the service. Bores the **** out of me.

But my mate who does it charges £40 minimum fee then £1.75/item
same here. a £40 - £50 min charge, then £2/item after the first 10. if i don't get the work, i don't care. rather sit and watch The Simpsons.

£50 call out then £2 per item after first 12. Allows 5 mins per item. Results go straight into the certificate on my tablet to email afterwards. outcomes card reader for payment. only time i really get asked to do it is as part of an eicr for an HMO landlord

£50 call out then £2 per item after first 12. Allows 5 mins per item. Results go straight into the certificate on my tablet to email afterwards. outcomes card reader for payment. only time i really get asked to do it is as part of an eicr for an HMO landlord
Used to be like that but changed the £50 site attendance fee to be exclusive of any tests, which are all additional to that. I just didn't find it worthwhile otherwise, and was getting far too many queries for it.

£80 call out, to include first hour of testing. Sure, if all lined up it's easy, but in offices with lots of IT you spend 20 minutes crawling under desks just tracing a couple of leads, and 5 minutes testing them. Of course the FVI means you bang your head multiple times...
A day, small office, £200...with time off for coffee and lunch.

The only time I ever do portable appliance testing is during EICRs for private lets. I include the cost of testing up to six appliances within the overall cost of the EICR. If there are more than six appliances to be tested, then it's £3 per appliance.

I find PA testing incredibly tedious and don't know how some people can do this for a living day in, day out.

Reply to 63p + VAT Per item in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock