Discuss 6amp MCB Trips After 5 Mins :-S in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jordyboy004

Hi Everyone,I Have Been Called Out To A Job With A Problem On The Lighting Circuit. Couldnt Spend Too Much Time On It As It Was Last Thing Today (Friday) The Breaker Holds In For Approx 5mins And Then Trips, When Tested I Found It Had A Short Between Phase/Earth AND Phase/Neutral, Surely A Short Circuit Would Take The Trip Out Straight Away And Wouldnt Not Hold In. I Cant Think Of What The Problem Is...........Help lol

yeah all lamps were removed and yeah i did do that first lol. im stumped, anyways traced the wire back to a JB, was the switch wire for the kitchen in the end, took it out and replaced it with a new cable. still not sure what the fault was as the wire went under her bathroom, so i found a new and easier route with my cable back to the switch. thanks anyways

If you used an IR tester to ascertain the "dead short" then alarm bells should have started ringing as to why the time delay to disconnect.
Continuity of CPC. R2 test on that circuit. Main earth bonding/earth loop all contribute to the disconnection time.

Reply to 6amp MCB Trips After 5 Mins :-S in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Can i just check something. If a rat decides to chew a cable will it trip the MCB or RCD ? I ask because I had one house recently that had a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. We have a 120v 20 amp circuit to an accessory dwelling with a run of about 75' of direct bury #12. The breaker keeps tripping even when...
Replies
Views
I'm not sure what's going on with my kitchen light. I've replaced an old 28W CFL fitting with a new 4 x LED GU10 fitting (a cheap one from...
Replies
Views
I just finished a garden room supply. The customer already had a CPN garage consumer unit that the last sparks left there, brand new in box, and...
Replies
Views
I'm not an electrician. I clean cookers and today arrived to a rangemaster range cooker. Got started, and as part of my routine, I turn on ovens...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock