Discuss A few improvements to the forum in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Supporter
Reaction score
I've improved the forum a bit. Some extra links on the homepage in the popular forums to the last 5 or 3 posts, depending on what forum. Stickies can be coloured (they're red right now - though vote on a colour and I'll make it that colour). When people go to post a new thread, you have the option to search for existing similar threads to see if the answer is already there, all before posting, and while staying on the new post page. New posts enhancements so you can see today's posts, or all posts since your last visit to the forum. And the notifications thing in the top right flashes to let you know you have PM's or likes. If you want to turn off like notifications, edit your options by going to Settings (top right) and then going through the options in the menu block on the left (general settings I think it's under - but there are loads of options in there you might want to scan through).

Sorry Dan, not keen on that last three posts thingy mate. I don't mind the red stickys and the search for similar threads will come in handy though

The last 3 threads thing makes the front page look too busy, maybe it is the change but can honestly say that it makes it look a little untidy.

I like the idea of a search function while you post a new thread.

As for the stickies what are the colour options and also on which board should I put the poll?

I might revert back from that then. Let's see if we get used to it this week. What I might do is just make it the last 2 posts, and just for the top 2 forum categories. Maybe that'd look a bit less busy?

It does prove to be handy, people are clicking on the extra links to be taken straight to the threads. It's one less click from the homepage I suppose. And when you visit the site a lot, that's a fair few clicks saved.

Dan,
I've noticed this has been mentioned by quite a few people now, can you make 'Thanks' like(!) the 'Likes Received' feature, so you can go and see what it was for, and give a Notification when one receives a Thank You?

i can see that !!! it needs to be red on green / vice versa..! or just gove me that stupid ishahara test with funny dots and numbers..!! i cant do that to save my life..

Dan, I too agree the 3 last posts looks quite messy, and not necessary for any benefit in my opinion.

Dan I've had a lot of free time on my hands this week and have noticed and reported a good bit of stuff that has slipped past the spam filters. I reckon it would make the job of deciding what should and should not be reported if the location of a member was a madatory field. I know it's been briefly discussed so I thought I'd throw it back out there

Dan I've had a lot of free time on my hands this week and have noticed and reported a good bit of stuff that has slipped past the spam filters. I reckon it would make the job of deciding what should and should not be reported if the location of a member was a madatory field. I know it's been briefly discussed so I thought I'd throw it back out there

Aye ..... I've noticed & reported a couple of "iffy" posts an'all.

Reply to A few improvements to the forum in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock