Discuss Adsense Revenue Sharing in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I don't want to discuss CTR here, but it's low. But our impressions are high enough to get a return from it, providing the contributors have enough threads active.

I understand what you're saying. And I thank you kindly for taking time out to write such a lengthy details response. I still don't see how DigitalPoint get away with it, and searching the net for 'adsense revenue sharing forum' gives you forums and lists of forums with such a thing in place, some dating back quite some time, some being very big forums, some even having SEO/SEM guys from within the industry on them, even Google / Yahoo emplyee's from what I can make of it.

As for the three blocks rule, we have some pages within our forum that produce 4 or 5 blocks of CODE, though google stops the code running once it has three running already, therefore it doesn't produce more than three blocks.

I still think it's a goer. I'm certainly up for it.

To add to this, on our tileforum I have configured a design that is set on accounts that are used regularly which serves NO google ads at all, aiming to increase CTR and decrease ad-blindness somewhat, and it works well. Members can switch to and from the googleless design as they please, so they can get ads served should they want to on a page they feel will give them ads they want to see, though generally perhaps a regular wouldn't have them served primarily.

I've spent a couple of years configuring that one forum, and of the 12 million hits per month, with an average CTR (optimal being 10% (given the fact that if you have 10% or more CTR you should really server more ads on 'those' pages), poor being 0.01%) it give me a decent income. My heavy contributors of that forum will get a fair decent income themselves if we roll this out well, and we find it doesn't breach the TOS of google.

Last edited:
Ok - I didn't post in order to discourage people from doing this. I posted to correct erroneous information that you don't need a website. I'm going to make a few points, then leave the thread.

Google adsense is the part of google that shows ads. It shows ads on search pages on the right, and on individuals websites wherever the owner places the ad. In the case of this thread I can see an ad in your post.

What Dan is suggesting is known as revenue sharing. If someone with an adsense publisher account is allowed by the site owner to place his ad code on the site (he's suggesting in your posts) and someone clicks that ad you get a payment from Google for the click. Eventually, when the clicks have earned you $100 or more, they pay you. However, it's not a free pot of money. It comes with strings.

The money comes from advertisers who are willing to have their ads placed wherever Google sees fit, on the promise that google will make sure they get a return on their investment. IE, enough of the people that click the ad buy the product in order to make the investment worthwhile. If that happens, then fine - advertisers continue to pay, and google pays you a cut. And I'm sure that is what Dan is hoping will happen. If the advertisers don't get a return on their investment, Google will either devalue the clicks to virtually nothing, or show you the door.

The Google terms of service state that you have to have a qualifying website that you own in order to apply. Whilst Dan is correct that they will probably give you a publisher number if you show them you have a domain you intend to use to show ads on, they do not intend you to use the account to mothball your site and show your ads on someone elses. Whilst you can apply for an account in this manner, at some point they will want to see that you are complying with the agreement you signed by seeing the website you applied for the acount on up and running and in compliance with the terms of service. This point is often just before they pay you for the first time, when they will look at your account and your site to make sure that you are in compliance.

Come review time, they may take the view that whilst you don't have a working website, your ads are being shown on this site which they would regard as providing quality content and allow the payment. On the other hand, they may take the view that you haven't complied with the one basic thing they asked you for, and cancel the account keeping the money. Yes, this DOES happen - read the adsense forums. So not having a working website is a gamble, and not one I'd make. If I was signing up for the purpose of ad sharing as suggested, my advice would be to have a working wobsite that complies with google's terms of service to make sure that you get paid. As the revenue would take some considerable time to build to $100, there is the possibility that you might have spent months of posting in order to get the cash only to have the account cancelled.

I'd suggest reading the adsense help pages for further information on what they are looking for, and be aware that not following their rules is a gamble.

To those who already have a publisher account, just check the adsense blog and help pages for Googles advice. Nothing wrong with revenue sharing provided you know the rules.

Hope this helps explain adsense a bit.

Reply to Adsense Revenue Sharing in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock