Discuss Am I a mate or an improved? Opinions.. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Could you do all that in that time Pete ? I don't need to having been qualified for 32 years but it seems a heck of a lot to get through !
Not having to go through all that Dave I couldn't say, is this practical or theoretical? my thoughts were if you go in with that attitude you would probably failed before you started, if you are having to take this sort of test then a positive attitude is a requirement, there was no slur intended.

No offence taken whatsoever Pete, as I understand it that's the practical , just read through it- I'd say 2 days to do that lot properly. :)

Could you do all that in that time Pete ? I don't need to having been qualified for 32 years but it seems a heck of a lot to get through !
Not having to go through all that Dave I couldn't say, is this practical or theoretical? my thoughts were if you go in with that attitude you would probably failed before you started, if you are having to take this sort of test then a positive attitude is a requirement, there was no slur intended. Mind you I have to admit I wouldn't have a clue with the S plan, having no experience, but as I said is this a practical test?

Yeah it's practical. It's almost identical to the practical I completed for my 2365.

We were allocated 10hours. And by god that was tough enough.

I'd struggle to do the AM2 in 8.5
I've not so much as seen inside a three phase board let alone connected them up.

Same with heating systems. Though I know I can pick that up easy enough.

Never had to use FP or SY as of yet but again. Not too worried.

It's the three phase motor that scares me lol.

It's a challenge , though I passed college with distinctions , so I'll push myself like hell to get the AM2 as good as possible.

Hi Jonesy
You will have to have the level 3 2365 city and guilds qualification before you can apply for your NVQ portfolio and AM2 assesment.
You will need photographic evidence of you working in industrial/commercial and domestic electrics and an assessor will need to attend your chosen site to observe and asses you on the job in all 3 fields if im right. That will then be your NVQ portfolio completed. The 17th wiring regs do not come as part of the level 3 and neither does the inspection and testing they only form part of the modules in the level 3 diploma.
You sound like you have a positive attitude towards learning so you should do well m8 and there is no shame in staying up late to study or understand the theory I did it myself.
Hope this helps a bit, the above is what i was told by my instructors in college.
Good luck its worth it in the end

Yeah it's practical. It's almost identical to the practical I completed for my 2365.

We were allocated 10hours. And by god that was tough enough.

I'd struggle to do the AM2 in 8.5
I've not so much as seen inside a three phase board let alone connected them up.

Same with heating systems. Though I know I can pick that up easy enough.

Never had to use FP or SY as of yet but again. Not too worried.

It's the three phase motor that scares me lol.

It's a challenge , though I passed college with distinctions , so I'll push myself like hell to get the AM2 as good as possible.
As far as I'm aware the new AM2 has all of the containment systems and back boxes in place, which was a time consuming job in the AM1 you would have completed on your level 2.

Reply to Am I a mate or an improved? Opinions.. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net