Currently reading:
AM2 assessment

Discuss AM2 assessment in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Mark.W

-
Reaction score
Hi peeps,

I recently sat my AM2 and have been told that I did not meet the required standard on 2 sections.

Can someone please explain how to safely isolate the DOL starter. What I did was isolate and lock off the MCb, selected the voltage indicator checked it was working on a proving unit. I then tested L1-L2, L1-L3, L2-L3, L1-E, L2-E and L3-E. There was no N at the motor! I then rechecked the voltage indicator on the proving unit.

I also failed on the installation of lighting circuit, but I'm sure it was fine, it tested out fine and was fully operational at all 3 switches. I took my supply to the light fitting then the PL and SL to the first switch which was connected to the strappers. I linked the commons in the intermediate switch. Not sure what I could have got wrong!

The last thing I failed on was the installation of the swa to the 3ph socket? I terminated the gland either end ran a fly lead from the gland in the DB to MET, and a fly lead to the 3ph socket from the isolator via the earth screw on the isolator cover, all tests were good.

Please can someone she some light on what I could have done wrong?

Many thanks

I haven't a clue what you're talking about matey I'm not an electrician. I just clocked that they were added by one of the lads and you'd asked about whatever it is and I remembered.

However hang in there, as some of the lads might be able to help you out.

I wouldn't worry too much about the s plan as you are given a complete schematic on how to connect it. What I would say is try and leave enough time to get it done.

Reply to AM2 assessment in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back