Discuss AM2S Assesment , Insulation Resistance in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Just done my exam, passed everything except Insulation Resistance...
I can't think how I could've failed because it isn't the hardest thing on the wrold, Tester was on 500V and I tested circuits separately.

Only way I could've failed was how I tested my Ring Final, I wago one leg of ring (L,N,E separately) and tested at other leg.
For FP, I had took fuse out at unswitched spur, but put it back in because Voltage shouldn't have any effect on Fuse and tested there.

Is it worth appealing?
Screenshot_20220322-200523_Samsung Internet.jpg

If there are connected loads on the ring circuit, eg sockets with built in USB chargers, then yes, link line and neutral together and test to earth.
It may also be necessary to disconnect the line and neutral cables from the RCBO, as the RCBO may be damaged by the test, or may influence the test results.

Reply to AM2S Assesment , Insulation Resistance in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I’ve got my AM2S coming up and I’ve been revising like mad but I’m stuck on something. I’ve read that it’s a 3 phase board with just...
Replies
Views
I am self-teaching fault-finding and testing, but I can't wrap my head around insulation resistance tests. From my understanding you send 500V for...
Replies
Views
Evening all, as I’m preparing for my Inspection and Testing exam, I wonder if you might put me straight on something please? When performing a...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
Called out to rental property i carried out an EICR on in March; this year to look at loss of power. Narrowed it down to the down stairs ring...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock