Discuss AM2S Metal Conduit Clarification in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hey

Just dropping this question to anyone that's passed the AM2S. Could i get some clarification on what the AM2S specification require's for the metal conduit. I've heard contradicting requirements. XS training online videos states that the metal conduit has a 3x 90' bends and a 45' offset bend, all in one piece of conduit. (Bend 1: Flat to wall 1, Bend 2: From Wall 1 onto Wall 2, Bend 3: Flat to wall 2 and 45' offset bend: Flat to Wall 2). But on the 2 day AM2S refresher course (Which was the biggest waste of £90), the assessor / teacher stated that the metal conduit has a 90' bend (From Wall 1 to Wall 2) and 45' offset bend (Lips off the wall and into metal trunking). I felt like the assessor was getting confused with plastic conduit which we have to install, which is a 90' bend and a bubble set over another piece of conduit.

I have my AM2S in 2 weeks, and I'm very confident on the rest of the Installation section. Help / clarification from anyone that has taken or passed the AM2S would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Dan

Not sure if this is of any help, but if you can already measure and bend 90's and 45 off-sets successfully, then no matter what they throw at you during your assessment, you should be able to do. Be confident in your own ability.

Just make sure bends go the correct way - All to easy to bend the wrong way. Done this the other day, when not fully paying attention doh...

Hey

Just dropping this question to anyone that's passed the AM2S. Could i get some clarification on what the AM2S specification require's for the metal conduit. I've heard contradicting requirements. XS training online videos states that the metal conduit has a 3x 90' bends and a 45' offset bend, all in one piece of conduit. (Bend 1: Flat to wall 1, Bend 2: From Wall 1 onto Wall 2, Bend 3: Flat to wall 2 and 45' offset bend: Flat to Wall 2). But on the 2 day AM2S refresher course (Which was the biggest waste of £90), the assessor / teacher stated that the metal conduit has a 90' bend (From Wall 1 to Wall 2) and 45' offset bend (Lips off the wall and into metal trunking). I felt like the assessor was getting confused with plastic conduit which we have to install, which is a 90' bend and a bubble set over another piece of conduit.

I have my AM2S in 2 weeks, and I'm very confident on the rest of the Installation section. Help / clarification from anyone that has taken or passed the AM2S would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Dan
Alright mate I've just googled the same question and your thread popped up. Did you find out the answer?
Cheers

Reply to AM2S Metal Conduit Clarification in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net