Discuss Amendment 2 is out today in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Let's wait 20 more days...and see!
It will either be no change at all, or sell an many CU upgrades as possible before July.
I'd be very surprised if AFDD's are instantly mandatory in all domestic premises.
They aren't even mandatory on all circuits in America & Canada , so don't know why they would be mandatory here

Imo AFDDs should be an 'optional' upgrade , not a mandatory regulation

My only thoughts on the great AFDD debate is just that I'd assume after Grenfell that the Fire Service will have pushed for them very hard indeed for anything that might even resemble BMO's. We wait to see.

Any news of LSOH cable for domestics

Saw something on social media , think it might have been something Nick Bundy wrote that LSOH would be replacing PVC for house wiring ?

i bet the Chinese will be rubbing their hands , 50p to make 125.00 to sell . what an earth goes through the IET heads .
its ok some customer will need to take out a second mortgage for them to go in .

There was something about a shorter checklist for EICRs at one point. That one's gone rather quiet.
Any news of LSOH cable for domestics

Saw something on social media , think it might have been something Nick Bundy wrote that LSOH would be replacing PVC for house wiring ?
Hope not.
Though last week I made a stupid mistake and managed to 1st fix about 80m of singles that looked like 2.5mm and turned out to be 1.5mm LSOH. I wasn't happy!

Last edited:
There was something about a shorter checklist for EICRs at one point. That one's gone rather quiet.

Hope not.
Thought last week I made a stupid mistake and managed to 1st fix about 80m of singles that looked like 2.5mm and turned out to be 1.5mm LSOH. I wasn't happy!
Reminds me when I done my training , one of the older boys spent all day rewiring an entire rfc of about 20 sockets in 1.5mm 3c n earth thinking it was 2.5 twin n earth

Hi all. This is what I've read about it today.
Hope the like works.

I find it strange there making AFDD mandatory?

https://electrical.------.org/wirin...-2-of-the-18th-edition-bs-76712018plusa22022/

Course not, they'll change the colour, throw throw a few typos and 1 bit of information thry forgot last time around and they'll call it "new and improved'
At Elex Bolton last week it was mentioned that some typos and errors had slipped through by one of the IET people { spoke to.
I pre ordered the new regs at the show so just waiting for it to land on the door mat

But not available to read anywhere until tomorrow? I think I'll just wait for Buzz to explain it to us.

All most of us want to know is after lots of speculation, what does regulation 421.1.7 actually say about AFDDs.
And then we probably have 6 months to sell as many sensibly priced consumer unit upgrades as possible before things get truly silly...!
That's easy. You don't need to wait till tomorrow...
" AFDD's may or may not need to be fitted in all new and replacement consumer units. If you choose to omit the AFDD, a risk assessment needs to be carried out so you can prove to your assessor that you pretended to give it careful consideration. In addition, please read the following 17 pages regarding when to install an AFDD. You will then need to spend a further 3 years discussing the ambiguity to gain further understanding".

Reply to Amendment 2 is out today in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net