Discuss And The Difference Is... in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Bane

Been looking (again) on the web, trying to find a course for me and come across the following:

C&G 2330 Electrical Technology
C&G 2330 Stand Alone

How do the above differ from one another?

C&G 2377 (PAT)
What's the difference between parts management and testing? Are both topics covered in this course?

Finally, as I stated in my Intro Thread, I'm 29 and currently unemployed. FROM AN EMPLOYERS point do you think there is much difference between doing a condensed course and attending a college one (I think through a college would be more informative/in depth)?

Obviously to me the biggest differences are financial and time spans, but unfortunately I cannot really afford to attend college over a year or two studying part-time, though I will do this if need be.

Then again, I suppose C&G 2330 is C&G 2330 regardless of where and how it's accomplished.

Again, input greatly appreciated.

CC

My advice for anyone over 25 and with no electrical experience and quals is dont bother!!

I have wasted 2 years of my life on the 2330 evening course and almost every single letter I have wrote to employers has been ignored.

Its an elite industry with no tolerance for beginners.

I disagree. I was 32 when I came into this and have been in if for 3 yrs now. I complete my Level 3 2330 in June and then do my 2391 or part P (undecided). I worked as a mate and now work as a 'qualified' spark with my own apprentice, van etc. I do my own testing and earn a very good wage.
My advice is to go for it although I am hearing more and more that it is a hard trade to get into. Still, if it was easy then wouldn't be worth doing! Good luck!

Difference between management and testing.

Testing is to do with that testing the equipment.

The management part is where you make sure all the records are correct upto date etc the paperwork side.

I'm with Cirrus on this one.

I teach everyone from the young lads starting out (20+ generally) through to career changes in their fifties

Intensive courses , EAL DEI, 2381/2, 2392, 2377

I have lads starting work literally the day after finishing the course, and lads starting up on their own with good results.

and remember: YOU GOT TO BE IN IT TO WIN IT!

good luck

Cheers Guys,

Appreciate the words of encouragement but you didn't answer my questions :)
Sorry to hear about your lack of success Ryan but I won't be put off as this is something I've set my heart on (No, I don't think you were trying to put me off) and I hope you get a lucky break soon.

Cheers Ian for clarifying the PAT query.

Now, to reiteratemy first post:

C&G 2330 Electrical Technology
C&G 2330 Stand Alone

How do the above differ from one another?
Do they differ?

Thanks again

CC

Not sure Bane. When I started mine it was C&G 2330 certificate in electrical installation. As far as I know, it is still the same.

well Bane, 2330 stand alone is what I am doing along with all those I know. The other course is more like a foundation course as far as I can see which would then lead to an apprenticeship. The stand alone course is likely the route you would be best taking.

Right...

Cheers for that Cirrus. To be honest looks like I'm going to have to do a compact/condensed course too.

Bit impatient to wait 2-3yrs through college/uni

you will be surprised how quickly it goes and to be honest, it is only meant to compliment what you learn on site as this is where your learning truly begins. Good luck in whatever you choose though Bane

Reply to And The Difference Is... in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock