Discuss Another rant in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

the pict

-
Mentor
Reaction score
So the new AMD 3 certs, no matter what you do, not looked at the MW,s yet, I fitted an additional light fitting in a hall from the existing, now that makes me responsible for the entire installation,Sup bond, earth tags, solar panels, SPd,s if fitted, the washing machine spin speed, the green house irrigation system the bloody hot tub, next door nieghbours wind chimes, the god awful summer,Jeremy Corbin and uncle Tom Cobbly and all,
Pict:nuke:

..................................................................................................................................................................................
So the new AMD 3 certs, no matter what you do, not looked at the MW,s yet, I fitted an additional light fitting in a hall from the existing, now that makes me responsible for the entire installation,Sup bond, earth tags, solar panels, SPd,s if fitted, the washing machine spin speed, the green house irrigation system the bloody hot tub, next door nieghbours wind chimes, the god awful summer,Jeremy Corbin and uncle Tom Cobbly and all,
Pict:nuke:

If you've fitted an additional light from existing then it's a minor works you need so you should of looked at one.
If you run a new circuit then as before amnd3 you need an eic, nothings changed in that respect. Or for that mater what you are and are not responsible for.

Maybe your rant should be about being an electrician.

I quite like Jeremy Corbyn.

My point is, this, would your customer be happy to pay £150 for an report on his installation, no ? nor do mine when all he wants is an extra light,a Cont,IR, RCD test and Zs before, same on completion, even if its a n"new " circuit no one, but no one will fork out for an EIC involving what is now or has been previous requirements, all I am saying is that we are being screwed by ALL the scheme providers and if anyone and I mean anyone can say that all the hoops are jumped through all the time then they are no more than performing dogs and have either the very wealthy or very stupid people as customers, common sense should apply at all times,

My point is, this, would your customer be happy to pay £150 for an report on his installation, no ? nor do mine when all he wants is an extra light,a Cont,IR, RCD test and Zs before, same on completion, even if its a n"new " circuit no one, but no one will fork out for an EIC involving what is now or has been previous requirements, all I am saying is that we are being screwed by ALL the scheme providers and if anyone and I mean anyone can say that all the hoops are jumped through all the time then they are no more than performing dogs and have either the very wealthy or very stupid people as customers, common sense should apply at all times,

I get the point you are making Pict, I just don't entirely agree with it.

Where do you get this idea that a full report is required if you are fitting a new light fitting from?, Or even a new circuit?
As far as I'm aware, amnd 3 has changed nothing in that respect. All the initial tests and inspections are the same it seems to me, just that cert is more in depth and takes longer to fill out.

It's Sunday, have a cup of tea, read the papers and relax.

On second thoughts, best to give the papers a miss.

You are only ever responsible for the work you do and nothing more, all the tick boxes you are referring to are in my eyes only applicable if the work you have done relates to any of them and so on, obviously bonding is a must, but other than that it gets a N/A in every box that is not relevant.

It's Sunday, have a cup of tea, read the papers and relax.
Why Andy the pubs open, tea, pah , your right of course I am just having a moan, I hate paper work and forms of any kind,
and the more paper the more moan ;)
Pict

Reply to Another rant in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock