Search the forum,

Discuss Any guitar players out there? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Cheers for the feedback but Ive spent my brass now so steel is staying and im having the normal learning curves but picking it up quickly, I can now change between some chords with a high success rate and quickly but still need to learn a few chord swaps ...picked my mates guitar up yesterday in pub and he's says im picking it up very fast considering I only started learning Saturday never played or had any instrument and after 1 day I was changing albeit easy chords at a good rate.... Ive booked a gig for next month ;)

Good luck with the gig, I'm already looking forward to the podcast :)

You should be able to pick up a cheap nylon stringed classical guitar for probably 20-30 quid max. Just find a place that sells chinese imports and spend an afternoon playing a couple of dozen of them until you find one that sounds okay. Alternatively buy a second hand one, you'll find loads on Gumtree and ebay, it will be money well spent I can assure you. I only play classical nowadays, I originally learned classical guitar and I migrated to steel string for a while, now I'm back to classical again...and yes, my fingers are somewhat sausage HT ;)

Buying an electronic tuner is also a good idea, I have a Crafter TG-200N which is probably 6 years old and has worked great for me.

Sadly there has been a cancellation to my gig due to the fact I've just been introduced to the F - chord ..WTF!!!!! .... I feel utterly let down, i was not warned about this chord ...bugger!:banghead:

Due to my findings I've delayed my by 1 year as I don't want to go out a semi-god but the god of the Guitar!!!!...

Hail Darkwood!!!.... If you play it, they shall come!

Sadly there has been a cancellation to my gig due to the fact I've just been introduced to the F - chord ..WTF!!!!! .... I feel utterly let down, i was not warned about this chord ...bugger!:banghead:

Due to my findings I've delayed my by 1 year as I don't want to go out a semi-god but the god of the Guitar!!!!...

Hail Darkwood!!!.... If you play it, they shall come!

E A D G B E even I know that and I play flute.

E A D G B E even I know that and I play flute.

You lost me ... yes they are the string order too, Im on about playing chords! :shocked3: a lot are quite simple to get your finger toplay but the F - chord is the Biatching mother of hard ones to get you fingers around

DW, if you can cope with a C chord with your third finger on the G on the low E string you can get used to F by simply moving your 2nd 3rd and 4th fingers across one string.
Try it mate, try grabbing that C and then moving back and forth between C and F. You'll get used to it in no time at all.
Wait till you get on to the really tricky ones, that's when you really learn what pain is. By that time it's too late though, the drug has well and truly got you addicted and only another fix will do :)

Yeah, the F's a killer but once you've mastered it then you can slide it up the neck and you get a G, A, B etc all for free. I'll give you some advice, guitar playing is all about cheating if you try do it by the book you'll get nowhere fast, cheat and cheat some more and you'll go far.

They cheated on top of the pops ...look where they are now lol.... Yep vids im watching do show you the tricks of the trade but still would like to get it the right way too.... its just adds to the patience I need which fine by me.

there is a cheat to tuning as well, if you press (third fret down if I remember correctly)

on the string above it sounds like the one below it so its easy to check.

just wait till ya start tuning your guitar to a specific key

Reply to Any guitar players out there? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock