Search the forum,

Discuss Any guitar players out there? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Classically trained double bass player and used to play bass in a group some years ago (well nearly 30!). Always fancied acoustic guitar have one but hands my size no chance. Good for you taking it up. Lots of useful stuff on YouTube and free apps for phone re tuning etc.

Got a clip on Electronic tuner with display output works a treat all for less than a tenner ...until my ears are receptive to the specific notes anyway.

I always knew it as drop tuning, was the only way to do it when I first started as I couldn't afford a tuner!.

Only issue is that your assuming that the top E is in !
Drop tuning in my world is when you drop your E string to D. I bought a pedal a few weeks ago that you can programme in any kind of tuning you want, hit the button and tune away and they're all there.
I'm having some MASSIVE adventures with me guitars just now.

Drop tuning in my world is when you drop your E string to D. I bought a pedal a few weeks ago that you can programme in any kind of tuning you want, hit the button and tune away and they're all there.
I'm having some MASSIVE adventures with me guitars just now.

its more fun when you get your ear in, you can listen to something then play it after a while, other times you are trying to play off a score/tabs etc and realise its wrong so you change it and it sounds right

(typo)

Last edited:
When I started to learn,what helped me out a lot was learning the chord voicings, also the shapes of the notes along the fret, so you could find the sane note by moving the shape up or down the fret.

Chris

I'd recommend you buy yourself a cheap and cheerful classical guitar with nylon strings. The wider neck and the softer action strings make it easier to learn on and it's much better suited for finger picking as well. The steel string acoustics can be used for finger picking but they're better suited to a pick/plectrum.

Serious questions...

Is a nylon strung guitar quieter than steel strung and are cheapish left handed versions easily found? :)

Reply to Any guitar players out there? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock