Discuss Anybody ever taken tramadol? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Right now I am coming down from a complete high courtesy of the NHS!
Had a small procedure today to look at a long standing issue from a old leg injury. They sedated me and took a couple of bone biopsies due to regular pain in my legs. Thankfully the scans have all been clear so not looking at the big C. Think its linked to a history of sports injuries and not healing well.
Nerveless they gave me some Tramadol and told me to take them if it starts hurting this evening.
The damn things are like elephant tranquillisers, they have sent me on a complete high... I can see now why people pop pain killers to get a buzz!! Tramadol isn't even one of the strongest ones!
Thankfully I got a few days off work so dont have to worry too much but I wouldn't like to take them and be working with power tools or electricity.., reckon it would be a recipe for disaster!

strange that. tramadol makes my missus light-headed, but does not affect me at all. also it does not do much for pain with me. i need a 500mg naproxin and 2 tramadol first thing to kill the pain in my knees. 60 minutes later i can walk and load the tools on the van.

I reckon it was because i dont usually take tablets that often and so have no tolerance as such, also having been medicated up in the hospital i likely still have some whizzing round the body so the tramadol had a stronger effect.

Glad to hear you have nothing serious Gavin. I have a drawer full of prescription painkillers and antidepressant drugs for my bouts of trigeminal neuralgia and it is easy to see how people get hooked on them. Sometimes they have no effect and other times I am totally out of it especially when I mix them.

Thing is with tramadol you don’t want to take 100mg (2 x50) if you don’t need to as it will hit you for 6. Taking 50mg and overlapping it will be more beneficial and you then won’t have the cycle of pain, no pain. Paracetamol at the same time works well as they help each other to act.
Unless you are huge - then take 2 ‘cause 1 won’t tiuch you. It is a strong drug.

100mg is exactly what I took tonight, 2 x 50!! as thats what the doc said to take, i got another 4 for tomorrow if needed...:dizzy::grin:
Im 6ft2 and weight 14 stone and they have sent my off my nut!

100mg is exactly what I took tonight, 2 x 50!! as thats what the doc said to take, i got another 4 for tomorrow if needed...:dizzy::grin:
Im 6ft2 and weight 14 stone and they have sent my off my nut!
Stick to one at a time perhaps overlapping @5 hrs so the pain doesn’t return fully.
Experience - 13 years orthopaedic nurse!

Right now I am coming down from a complete high courtesy of the NHS!
Had a small procedure today to look at a long standing issue from a old leg injury. They sedated me and took a couple of bone biopsies due to regular pain in my legs. Thankfully the scans have all been clear so not looking at the big C. Think its linked to a history of sports injuries and not healing well.
Nerveless they gave me some Tramadol and told me to take them if it starts hurting this evening.
The damn things are like elephant tranquillisers, they have sent me on a complete high... I can see now why people pop pain killers to get a buzz!! Tramadol isn't even one of the strongest ones!
Thankfully I got a few days off work so dont have to worry too much but I wouldn't like to take them and be working with power tools or electricity.., reckon it would be a recipe for disaster!
Never did anything for me after my Cancer OP took co-codamol instead.

Have you noticed everyones spelling and punctuation is so much better when they're off their head on drugs?

ps. I'm on caffeine in the morning, alcohol in the evening.

Slightly scary the amount of drugs being consumed by the fine upstanding members of the forum :fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

You are right Gav to be concerned about reduced ability to co-ordinate. This is an opioid drug and will affect reflexes to an extent. Good to have a couple of days off and agree with @Rpa07 its best to overlap doses so the pain stays at a low level. Once our nerves start to squeak they can get harder to control, if that makes any sense.
On the lighter side : Years ago I was sick at work one day with head pain, staggering about with reduced vision etc. "What's up with you, I never get headaches at all ... " says Boss (!!!). Some days later I reminded him of this conversation offered him a scientific experiment where I slap him with increasing force and he would likely experience head pain at some point. I was just helping him to develop some empathy, really I was.

Slightly scary the amount of drugs being consumed by the fine upstanding members of the forum :fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Holy Mary...you are not kidding:eek: i have not had a tablet for owt,in 6 years,and then i walk in to this intervention meeting...;)

Obviously,i am jesting and not casting any nasturshums...

Me poor mum,has the choice of taking her prescribed meds,and not remembering what happened yesterday,but having no joint pain - or jacking from them,and suffering,but being sharper and cleverer than the lot of us...a terrible irony.

On a lighter note,i am still not sure if Gavin has had us over with his "Long standing issue with an old leg injury..." ;)

Reply to Anybody ever taken tramadol? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock