• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.
Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Apartment Underground Vault? in the American Professional Electrical Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hello, I live in an apartment complex and there is this underground vault right by our bedroom and I was wondering if someone could tell me what it was?

821E1D12-3A56-4319-A1BD-FA62A18F021B.jpeg

F039309A-A2CC-4F34-A5C0-967E495BAE0F.jpeg

705F1C0D-7C16-47FC-99F2-FBBDAD826C33.jpeg

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
I suspect it is access to the electrical joints that feed the apartment block.

or a secret chamber where they do experiments on little electric gremlins to try and harness there power??

snowhead

-
Mentor
Given the vents, it will be a Transformer / Distribution point for the Appartments and possibly other local buildings.

This is how they do it in New Zealand;

N Z Street Transformer.PNG

Last edited:

DPG

-
Arms
Esteemed
Seems risky placing equipment like that underground, rather than in a cabinet or compound.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Would there be any dangers since this Vault is about 4ft or so from my headboard in my bedroom? I can’t move my bed anywhere else in my apartment because the other side of the wall contains electric meters and a fuse panel and some wires and the other wall has our closet so I don’t really have a choice. I’m just afraid of the EMF radiation from it being this close..
Post automatically merged:

Given the vents, it will be a Transformer / Distribution point for the Appartments and possibly other local buildings.

This is how they do it in New Zealand;

View attachment 52738
Would there be any dangers since this Vault is about 4ft or so from my headboard in my bedroom? I can’t move my bed anywhere else in my apartment because the other side of the wall contains electric meters and a fuse panel and some wires and the other wall has our closet so I don’t really have a choice. I’m just afraid of the EMF radiation from it being this close..

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
emf (ELECTRO MAGNETIC FORCES) generally don't travel far, if you take the most powerful magnet you can lay your hands on, you will notice that the forces it exerts on a piece of metal are near to zero once you get about an inch away from it.
the most penetrating of these types of waves in my opinion are mobile phones which work on a similar frequency to microwaves. if you are concerned about emf, the first thing to do is ensure you sleep several feet away from a mobile phone.

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
I am not a scientist but I have a fair understanding of these things.

a 2 minute mobile phone call will likely expose your brain to more emf than leaning up against the side of the fuse board for a day and a night.

Megawatt

-
Arms
Advent Win
Post automatically merged:

6532 I live on land that has a tower about 95 feet which is called from my house which has 200,000 volts. I have lived here 22 years and no problems

Reply to Apartment Underground Vault? in the American Professional Electrical Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Top Bottom